January 3, 2013

on deck

I love reading.

I always have.  When I was a little girl I would read by flashlight under the covers at night.  I was a night owl.  I didn't sleep much.  Just ask my mom!

I gave up on my love of reading after my oldest was born. 

I literally went years without reading one book.  Seems crazy but looking back on that time now I realize that I was just really, really tired during those early years of having kids.  I didn't give myself much of a break on anything. I'm still often tired. I'm not good at resting.  I'm working on that.

I've made the time to starting reading again.  Honestly, I've made a lot of time for it. I'm remembering why I enjoyed it so much as a girl.

I shared a few books I've read over the past few months HERE.

I'm currently reading Mariana by Suzanna Kearsley.  It's a good read so far....historical fiction.  It's good to mix in a few fiction with the non-fiction once in a while.

The following titles are "on deck" in no particular order....

Radical by David Platt

Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagined by Max Lucado

When Helping Hurts:  How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor...and Yourself by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert

Start by Jon Acuff

Red Letter Revolution:  What if Jesus Meant what He said? by Shane Claiborne and Tony Compolo 

No Greater Love: on man's radical journey through the heart of Ethiopia by Levi Benkert and Candy Chand

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Reading Radical now...recommend it!

Lindsay said...

I think I may need to spend my Amazon card ... :) You're inspiring me to read more too! Thanks ~