did you know that it is estimated that there are 30 to 40 people in our area that are chronically homeless?
did you know that there are dozens more that are temporarily homeless on any given night?
did you know that the predicted low for tonight is 14 degrees?
did you know that we have a warming station here in town?
there is.
these people...these homeless people...are part of our community. they are people with stories and families and hopes and dreams. whatever their story, they deserve a warm, safe place to sleep at night.
I'm not here to discuss the hows and whys of their homelessness. what I am here to discuss is the possibility of each of us reaching out and helping these people.
to become a volunteer. to offer these people a little of your time and some kindness.
please consider checking it out. more volunteers are need to work shifts at the station and to volunteer to do laundry.
i wouldn't ask you to commit to something that I'm not already committed to myself. I've worked shift at the warming center and I've spent Sundays afternoons at the laundry mat doing the laundry.
many hands make light work. consider throwing yours in the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment