March 30, 2008

Teach 'em Young...I say

Ted and I were both VERY happy when our last child was potty trained! And then we decided to get Buster...


He has quickly molded into our family and calmed...erased our boys fear of animals in the few short weeks that he has been with our family!







He has been super easy to house break...Praise Jesus!!


But as all dog owners know...well all dog owners who don't walk their dogs so that they can poop in other people's yards (I'm not bitter about this....really)...there is always ALOT of poop to scoop in the backyard.


So call me what you will...I have trained the children to scoop the poop! John is the scout, Justin is the scooper, and William is the bagger!




It's a win-win! They learn a little responsibility and I don't have to scoop poop! Buster is after all their dog!;)

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Great Idea it is a great way to teach them responcibilities. He is so cute and gotten so big.

Shannon said...

Good for you. Im thinking Mike is probably wishing we did that with our kids.

Buster is looking so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Teaches responsiblity right?
I am so glad you are enjoying him minus the poo!

Leslie said...

Great idea! If I knew that would happen around here I might think about getting a dog! I love that you captured it all on your camera! :)

Tiffany said...

That's hillarious! I wish I had some kids to scoop our dogs poop!

Katie said...

I tried that...and failed! Haha...maybe I should've tried when the poo wasn't frozen-stuck to the grass ;)

I love to see that your boys are over their fear of dogs!

Lindsay said...

Do they hire out?? :)

Have a wonderful week !

Stacy B said...

Good for you! We haven't started our girls on this, yet. Mostly because the dogs were around long before the kids were. They do help feed both dogs and cats, though. I usually fling it over the back fence, Joe burys it. I have seen Landon with the little plastic shovel flinging it...and it smacking onto the fence. lol

Your boys are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I am so laughing about this.
That was part of the deal when we got Annie. The kids PROMISED to be the pooper-scoopers! And they totally are. It is one of their chores!
So, So funny that you took a close up of the poo, though!

Melissa said...

That is a great idea. I am so happy that your boys are not afraid anymore!!

Ronda said...

Perfect!!! I love the team effort!

Landon, being the gentleman that he is, will fling the poop over the fence at Stacy's, so he and the girls can play in the backyard...sometimes it doesn't make it over. :)

Kailin said...

Way to go! Dogs are so good for kids...I love how happy they look doing their "job"!

Crystal said...

I know I should have done that with our kids! What a great way to teach them responsibility! I like the "scout" job!