Today has been a posting marathon for me!:) There have been a lot of things going on this month that I have been wanting to share but just haven't had the chance to sit down and post. Luckily most of it was captured on camera so I'm able to still share...belated, but its the best you can do sometimes!
This month has been crazy and wonderful all at the same time! My "to do" list that I posted several weeks ago still have a few items on it that have not been checked off. Don't get me wrong a lot of it got done plus a lot stuff that I didn't even write down in that post. Some things didn't get done and now it's too late so therefore they are also counted as done! (Have I mentioned I make up my own rules as I go along?!?!?) One thing I did really want to do and haven't is make a list of our Christmas traditions so my final post for today will be that:
Our Christmas traditions:
1) Operation Christmas Child...each of the boys makes a shoe box, it actually happens in November but its for Christmas so I count it. I posted about it here.
1.5) Decorating the christmas tree and putting up lights on the house...we did both as a family this year...was very fun! We always decorated the tree as a family but the lights outside Ted has always done by himself.
2)Family Day at Festival of Trees...picture with Santa.
3)Christmas program at New Hope
4)Making Christmas goodies for our friends
5)Advent tree...counting down the days until Christmas; with a scripture and devotion each day(that part is new this year)
5.5)Small group Christmas party and ornament exchange...new this year but hoping we continue this...am thinking the giant ornament needs to be recycled every year!;)
6)Luminarias...Christmas eve, our whole neighborhood does this
7)Christmas eve service
8)Special dinner and birthday cake to celebrate Jesus' birthday...added the birthday cake this year
9)Special Christmas movie on Christmas eve at our house
10)Christmas morning at Grandma and Grandpa's house...yummy breakfast and opening presents.
I think it has been a special season for my kids. I know I have loved all the family time that we have had this last month and a half. I hope that I am doing a good job at keeping the focus on Jesus! I think that I am raising good boys with good hearts. I am hopeful that they are starting to make a choice for Jesus and that they will grow to have generous hearts! Always praying for guidance and encouragement for that.
Wishing you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! May you have the peace and joy that only God can bring.
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." Luke 2:14
3 comments:
I might steal your idea of writing down our traditions! What a great idea. Sometimes is seems that we just "do" things and don't fully embrace the bigger picture and importance of tradition. Tradition is great as long as there is meaning behind it. Blessings on your Christmas!
I love all your christmas traditions...what a great thing to start with your kids. I hope you have a Merry Christmas with your family!
Very cool to post your traditions. I love hearing what others are doing.
Post a Comment