December 10, 2008

Festival weekend

This year I decided to join the "Festival of Trees" committee. The Hermiston Morning Kiwanis and the Good Shepherd Health Foundation have partnered in this event for several years. The event is a Saturday night auction and a Sunday afternoon "Family Day". We have been planning for months and this past weekend was the event.


Friday night was spent decorating the "raffle tree". This tree is sponsored by the Hermiston Kiwanis and as the name suggests "raffled". This year the proceeds went the the Hermiston Library summer reading program. My dear friend, Katie was the designer this year. I was SO hoping that my ticket would be drawn and I would be the winner of this tree! She did such an awesome job and I had SO much fun decorating with her and Angela!!





Saturday night was the live auction of the trees. Shannon posted pictures of the trees HERE!! It was our first time attending the auction event. It was very fun...although I might have drank just a tad bit too much wine;)

Sunday was "Family day". This has become one of our favorite family events. As I said in my SANTA post, this year was a little different since I was serving on the committee but that did not slow down the rest of my family from enjoying the afternoon! And my nephew, Lucas was able to join us too!! Ted was forced to document the day and I think he did a pretty good job!


4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nice documentation Ted!!

Looks and sounds like a great weekend for all of you :)

** and thank you again for joining Judy and I with Family Day!! It was a HUGE success!

Katie said...

You three did a great job with family day!!

Thanks again for helping me decorate...it was fun! Love the pictures you got of the tree....and of course of your boys!! :)

Michelle said...

Great Job, Ted! :) I love FofT! You did a great job... 'someday' when life slows a little, I would love to join forces... until then I will enjoy through you all. :)

Patzke's said...

Looks like he did a good job documenting the events. Great tree.