June 5, 2008

Some beginnings, some endings...and some blood

June 1st Justin and William were promoted to the next Sunday school class! I realize that the promotion is only a product of them getting older but seeing them excited about moving to their new classes makes me excited! Justin received a new bible and William some bubbles! William thought he should get to have the bible we gave Justin for Christmas. I promised him that as soon as Mrs. Liebe teaches him how to read we would buy him his very own! He is pumped about that and about being in Mrs. Liebe's kinder class next year!



These are William's prize possessions at the moment. T-ball has come to a close but the batting gloves are still a must wear item for pretty much every occasion. They go to the store, to the softball field, to bed...they are a very versatile accessory. Big John Barnett bought these for him at Wal-Mart when he stayed with the Barnett family while Ted and I were away. JB has made a friend for life in this little man!!
The farm was finally complete and made it's way home! He was very proud of his roads, his livestock, his farm buildings etc. It was a great project!!


Justin's art fair project....it's a chicken!


Justin on Buster...
Monday was Justin's last baseball game. He had a very fun season. He even got to pitch a little in his last game!

Justin on his last day of school (picture taken by Ted...Linds I'm signing him up for your class next week;)


His classroom awards...perfect behavior and perfect spelling for the year!! Good job buddy!!




And now for the blood...

This is what happens when you are playing your first slow pitch game of the season and forget the following:

1) you are not young anymore;

2) you are too slow to run on the left fielder when he is in shallow left with the ball in hand;

3) you CANNOT take on a man three times your size and expect to slide through him;




Needless to say I forgot my hard and fast rule of NO SLIDING in tonight's softball game. I tried to run on the left fielder and get an extra base. I also tried to slide through/under the third baseman that was trying to tag me out unfortunately the ball arrived before I did. And the third baseman was coming toward me with it and tagged me in the chest and pretty much slammed me into the ground. It was embarrassing, as you can see I scrapped my arm and it knocked the wind out of me. Thank goodness I had my hair wrapped up in a bun on the back of my head to take some of the impact as my head slammed onto the ground.

It was a fun game tonight. We almost beat them. Probably would have if I wouldn't have been a dork and gotten gunned out trying to run to third in the top of the 5th inning!!! I would have been the tying run!!! Oh well, it's not about the winning...just the exercise and the time with friends!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun stuff!

I love that you have a scrape like a little kid, that's excellent!

Kristie said...

I'm sure my scrape will look real professional tomorrow at my continuing ed class in Pendleton...I'm thinking long sleeve shirt...

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the "catch-up" post!! I love the pictures of Justin's farm & of William with his glove!

And yes... Ted can come to my class :) ha ha!

Love you friend and hope your week ends well!

Katie said...

Oh, Kristie! Ouch!! You are such a great player...glad you enjoy it so much!

Ronda said...

Way to go Kristie! War wounds! They are the best!

Tiffany said...

Yaayy!! Battle wounds from the field! :o) I've had a few of those-when the adrenaline is pumping we all forget the no slide-- NON COMPETETIVE rule. hahaha!

Patzke's said...

Great photos of all the stuff going on in your lives. Good one of yourself in the mirror. Gotta love that we are not so young anymore.

Anonymous said...

Great post and you are one tough chick! :)

Melissa said...

I love this post. Can you believe our oldest children will be in the 2nd grade? Time sure flies. It was great to hang with you last night! Well, back to my studies!