June 9, 2008

Farm Fresh

I don't really know for sure where I stand on the whole "organically grown" thing. I understand the arguments and as far as the added hormone issue I agree fully...less hormones has got to be a good thing. Its the no chemicals and only natural fertilizer that I am still wrestling with. Sorry I just don't like bugs in my food and am really grossed out by having chicken poop used to fertilize my food. I know probably narrow minded of me but hey it's my food right?!?!?
Anyway, setting that whole issue aside for a second...I am a HUGE fan of home grown veggies and fruit...

We took a little drive out to Lindsay's on Saturday and came home with some farm fresh lettuce, spinach and strawberries!! They were soooo good! Thanks again Linds!!










So while I am still yet to take a stand either way on this issue what I will do this summer is BUY LOCAL when I can!! Support your local FARMER!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!!

Lindsay said...

What fun photos you got! Glad your boys enjoyed the fresh produce! :)

Michelle said...

How fun!!!! Great sunny pictures!!!

Ronda said...

YUM!!!

Shannon said...

Cute little strawberrys you have there ;)

Yum!

Tiffany said...

I agree!! Buy Farm Fresh!!

Looks like so much fun! I love going and picking fresh produce!

Katie said...

yum yum!!

Adorable pictures :)

Amy Tolar said...

How yummy! I'm jealous!

Crystal said...

Makes me remember how my mom cooked veggies fresh from our own garden. Yummy!

Leslie said...

Yummy!! Nothing is better then fresh fruits and veggies! I think I need to hunt down one in my neck of the woods! :)