May 21, 2008

The Lone Star

And I don't mean the state!!

This is the quilt that my mom has been making us over the last year! She gave it to me on Mother's Day! I got it on our bed this evening! We love it!!


This is all hand quilting...can you believe that...AWESOME!!!
Thank you Mom for all the hardwork and love you put into this quilt for us. It means a lot to us to have it! And thanks Dad for letting Mom keep the quilting racks (they look like some sort of torture device) up in the living room for the year that it took to make this! Its just perfect!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is AWESOME!! What a talented mom you have!!

Enjoy the newness of your bedroom :)

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty and so very special!

Anonymous said...

Oh'. My. Gosh. Can your Mom be MY MOM for a year? That is so cool. I would treasure that thing! Very cool. It is a beautiful one!

Nicole said...

That is so pretty and special. My mom used to quilt alot but not so much anymore.

Katie said...

Oh how beautiful! What a nice Mommy :)

Amy Tolar said...

That is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure!

Leslie said...

What a beautiful and special gift made by your Mom!

Kailin said...

Incredible!

Tiffany said...

SO COOL! I love it! Kudos to your mom! :o)