November 30, 2007

Massive "To Do"

Edited: 10:27 pm--still going strong and red equals DONE!!


Don't you find that when you have a ton of things to get done you can almost be paralyzed...not able to even start one thing because there are so many things...

These are the to do's that have piled up just during this week.

Thanks goodness for post-it notes...I literally don't think I could live without them. So on these many notes are the following:

>Buy bird feeder and bird seed--set-up for the boys (inspired by this post from Amy)
>List Christmas traditions (inspired by this post from Ali Edwards this girl is serious about doing Christmas right!!)
>Check AR ratings on our home library--who knew that would ever matter to me so much...
>Tax planning for us
>Put costume together for William--wiseman in church play costume supplies purchased; to put together tomorrow morning

>Christmas presents--decide what to buy--actually go buy it--a tentative list already going...needs work asap...gotta love the internet about 50% done now!!!


>Place order for 2007 pictures--uploaded to Costco.com weeks ago
>Christmas cards--1st write letter, then address and mail
>Supplies for gum drop towers--sorry I can't find the link anymore...hope I remember what I am doing--making these in lieu of gingerbread houses this year...seems simpler
>Make December budget--scary
>Reconcile checking account and pay bills


>Check out some online reading resources for Justin
>Take Justin to Pizza Hut to cash in his coupon for his personal pan pizza...met his reading goal for the month


>Get ready to start this:
using this along side it this year

>Apply these...William has Pink eye...LOVELY!!

>Clean up this--Justin's school papers for the week--trees are cringing everywhere

>Finish reading this

>Wash coats, hats and gloves!!


And then there's the places that we are to go this weekend:

>Dress rehearsal for church Christmas play
>Tri-Cities-Christmas shopping
>Wal-Mart, Winco & Costco...need food
>Church on Sunday--Ted is greeting...he will be early, I will be late
>Attend Family Day for the Festival of Trees...the must have Santa Pic for the year
>Attend church Christmas play

Needless to say we are having pizza for dinner!:) Wish me luck at getting to the end of my list!

I leave you with this...from one of my favorite preachers...Charles Swindoll:

"Like tiny frightened sparrows, shivering in the winter cold, many live their lives on the barren branches of heartbreak, disappointment, and loneliness, lost in thoughts of shame, self-pity, guilt, or failure. One blustery day follows another, and the only company they keep is with fellow-strugglers who land on the same branches, confused and unprotected.

We try so hard to attract them into the warmth. Week after week church bells ring. Choirs sing. Preachers preach. Lighted churches send out their beacon. But nothing seems to bring in those who need warmth the most.

Then, as the year draws to a close, Christmas offers its wonderful message. Emmanuel. God with us. He who resided in Heaven, co-equal, co-eternal with the Father and the Spirit, willingly descended into our world. He breathed our air, felt our pain, knew our sorrows, and died for our sins. He didn't come to frighten us, but to show us the way to warmth and safety."

May you and yours know the "warmth and safety" of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior during this holiday season! Merry CHRISTmas with love to each of your homes!

9 comments:

Katie said...

One day at a time, right? You amaze me, girl, with everything you DO get done!

Michelle said...

Oh, man, do I ever understand about being paralyzed at times! AND... I think I should own 3M stock for how many sticky notes I go through! ;-)

Anonymous said...

WOW! You need some coffee.
Look at you go. I have a million things to do to, but I am taking a different approach this weekend. The old... It will get done eventually approach. :) Good for you for going for it!
Have a good weekend, see you Sunday!

Stacy said...

That is a crazy list! Remember what bolders God asks us to carry and which ones we put in there ourselves. Yes, sticky notes are the best!

Stacy said...

That is a crazy list! Remember what bolders God asks us to carry and which ones we put in there ourselves. Yes, sticky notes are the best!

Crystal said...

Remember to feel good about each thing you get to cross off your list. Best of luck! :)

Kailin said...

Love sticky notes..feeling a bit paralyzed just READING your list!

Good luck!

Shannon said...

Im exhausted!

Glad I ran into you to day during your list doing!

Anonymous said...

I am tired just reading this but if anyone can handle it that would be you!
So great to see you today!