The boys are so proud of our gum drop forest that now adorns our dining table! And it adds a little bit of a cinimmon smell to the house!:)
Update on my massive to do list...happy to say that its now a small to do list!:) Only 7 things left to do!:) More than half completed and I'm sure to get a couple more done before tonight is over.
Don't you just love how God can just breathe fresh energy into your life sometimes! This morning sitting in church I felt like Pastor Dave's message was just for me. I find myself feeling this way often but especially today.
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galations 6:9-10
Just a good reminder for me to not get too caught up in getting so much done that I forget about what God would see done in my life, in my family's life and in the lives of those whose lives would intersect with mine during this holiday season. There are so many chances to experience JOY during this time of year. I appreciated the refocus that this message brought to my heart.
One of my JOY's has been to sit on the kitchen floor with my three boys under our advent tree for the past two days. Reading a scripture verse, reading from this:
counting down the days until our Savior's birth. So special to see their eyes light up as we spend a few minutes talking about Jesus and his gift to all who would accept it! Even little John is able to express his understanding of Christ's sacrafice for our sins! So AMAZING! I love those three more than words!
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
Still in awe of Christ's sacrafice. I think I always will be. To love so much that you would give up your only son to save us all. I can't even imagine being asked to make that sacrafice, but I'm so glad that God loved us enough!
8 comments:
Those are the cutest things EVER!! I love them....what a great project, we may need to do that next year! Love your work, Ted :)
What a CUTE idea!!! Love it! Where did you get all the gumdrops? I bet Winco might have some in the bulk area.
Good to see you today! Still think you needed one of those "beautiful" rings. :-)
What a great activity the kids (and Ted)looked like they loved it I willhave to copy you.
Those trees are cute! I love reading about other traditions or memories made through my creative friends! Also, I agree with today's message. It sure opened my eyes.
What a great idea! I might have to do that with Dylan.
And by the way the comment that you left me earlier made me laugh out loud!
Oh' My osh, those are the cutest things. What a fun idea. Lucky little boys!
What a great idea... are you sure you're not meant to be a teacher??
Good to see you today - thanks for coming and enjoying one of my favorite days of the year!!
Blessings to you as you enjoy the season... and the real reason for the season too!! JESUS! :)
Okay, I am totally impressed with that forest! Ted's is my favorite...and the picture of John is adorable!!
Post a Comment