September 22, 2007

{Briefly Back}

Although I'm sure many of you are no longer checking my blog I thought I would post at least something today. I almost feel compelled to send out an email making an announcement that yes in fact I have actually posted again!:)

So its been two weeks...

Two weeks of resting,
Two weeks of ditching my camera to just watch my boys play soccer,
Two weeks of ditching my blog,
Two weeks of searching my heart,
Two weeks of antibiotics and high power vitamins,
Two weeks of saying no,
Two weeks of praying and seeking God's direction for my life,
Two weeks of just being.

What I have found...

some extremely high expectations, set by myself, attainable by no one,
some unhealthy relationships,
that my family doesn't particularly care if the house is spic-n-span as long as we are in it together,
my Jesus is fighting to be the center of my world and I have not been particularly good at keeping Him there,
I have the best husband EVER,
my friends are AWESOME,
my tailspin is starting to flatten out!

So some thank yous...

To my friends for their prayers, emails, phone calls and comments on this blog (even when I wasn't posting),
To my family for just giving me some time to slack off and loving me,
To my husband for all that he does (the list is so long),
To my Jesus for pulling me through a rough time and loving me for the imperfect person I am,
To Treena for reminding me that its okay to say no,
To Katie for posting about the LPM blog...ordered "Jesus:90 days with the One and Only" this morning,
To Michelle for organizing the K.I.S.S. party because a mama needs all the help she can get at dinner time,
To Lindsay for this,
To Shannon for these (cause it's nice to look up from my desk and see my family's smiling faces),
To Melissa for movie night...

...and more that I am probably forgetting! Know that I have felt lifted by all of you and that I love each one of you for your beautiful and individual spirits! You all bring so much to my life. I am so blessed!

And just because I felt like I needed a picture....
Hoover Dam, Bolder City, Nevada...it was 130 degrees that day! Well worth it...inpiring to see the power of the human spirit behind the building of this very large piece of concrete!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a post! I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

hey... there you are!
happy to see you are feeling better. hope things are going good for you. I have enjoyed getting to "know" Justin and his sweet personality, once in awhile after school.
I am SO glad you are feeling a bit better. What an awesome support group you have!

Lindsay said...

Love this "catch-up" post!
So happy that God is at work... and excited to see where he is going to take you as you follow His lead!
Praying for you sweet friend!

Michelle said...

I still check in on you! I love that you gave us a quick check in! :-) Hope all is going well.

Michelle said...

FYI... I can so relate with a lot of your self-searching thoughts!

Shannon said...

Yeah for the update! And I still look all the time even though I know your not bloggin ;)

Melissa said...

Your welcome, I love that you are felling rested.

Stacy said...

Yeah! Glad to hear from you! I am glad you wrote about saying no, sometimes I think I need to do that too! Sometimes we just have to let go, don't we! Glad that you are having such a good time resting and being loved! What great friends you have! Gotta love that! Lots of love to you as you continue to feel better!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great weekend. It was great that you are feeling better and smiling again. We love you. Remember that you need to take care of yourself before you can take of the rest of your world. Mom