August 18, 2007

Got Toast?

A few weeks ago I made homemade applesause for the first time and amazingly it turned out well. So when Katie called last week and asked if I wanted to go blackberry picking with her I was all over that. Instantly thinking of homemade jam...even though I had actually never made jam before. So today was the day...
Two gallons of blackberries plus
one Pamper Chef chopping tool equals

a lot of smushed up berries.

Add some sugar...a lot of sugar...it might be homemade but its not health food;)! Some Sure-Gell and...

Wallah...blackberry freezer jam!



It took a while but it will be worth it when I start pulling these out of my freezer this winter! Loving that I will be making Justin's pb & j's for school with homemade jam! Keeping my fingers crossed that he will like it! I think I may try canning next! A little late in the season for it...needed to start scouting yard sales for jars and rings earlier in the summer. Next year! Sorry Del Monte I think you are about to be replaced!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Woo Hoo! That is so awesome, Kristie! I'm so inspired now. Way to go you!

Michelle said...

your pictures are so good! I love love love the feeling when I finish canning or making jam. It is so much work... but is outrageously satisfying. Good for you!

Melissa said...

I love blackberry jam. My grandma always gives me homemade strawberry, rasberry and blackberry jam. So therefore I have been lazy in doing it myself. Gotta love the PB & J's.

Lindsay said...

This is the first year that I haven't made jam in forever... too much going on :)
Anyway - you're going to love having it in your freezer!!
Way to go!

Shannon said...

yum, i love homemade blackberry jam.

Anonymous said...

Good job Kristie!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for for! That is awesome!
I have been thinking about doing that, too, but haven't gotten around to it.
Good for you!