August 15, 2007

BAD day

So this is the dreaded day when you find out if the attendance area transfer you requested for your son is going to be granted or not.

I'm home for lunch. I go to the mail box...pull out my Netflix for the week, a mag and a letter from DVE. Good sign right....getting mail from the school you are hoping your child will be attending. Open the letter...invite to open house for Kinders and 1st graders. Still good sign, my heart is feeling lifted.

Put the mail down, check the answering machine...message from principal at HH. Not a good sign. When they grant your transfer the school you left doesn't call you.

My fears are confirmed...his transfer was DENIED! Not sure what to do now. School starts in how many days? TEN days and presently I have no way to get my child to and from school. Praying that this all works out. It's not looking good right now though!:(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh' man. I can soooo feel your pain. I am soooo sorry.
What a bummer.
If there is anything I can do to help you, just let me know. I do know a babysitter in the HH area, and as far as I know, there is still Kid's World available for HH kids. And, I can reccommend an awesome, awesome 1st grade teacher, maybe they would still let you request.
I was in your shoes a year ago, and it is never fun to have to figure all this stuff out, OR to switch school, for that matter. I will be thinking of you.

Kristie said...

We were assigned to Mrs. Plum. I've been assured that she is great. The news is always worse on the first day. Hoping that tomorrow I will feel better about it.

Shannon said...

oh no, im sorry to hear that!

Sarah said...

I'm sorry, Kristie. I'll be praying for you to get everything all figured out and for peace for all of you.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that! Is that a final decision then, or could things still change? I'm hoping they can!

Katie

Melissa said...

Try to be hopeful maybe they can change that considering your circumstances. Love ya! Mel

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. I will be praying something works out.

Lindsay said...

Hang in there friend.
Deana Plum is great...quality, genuine... all around GREAT!
Hoping and praying God gives you peace wherever this "adventure" leads you....
God knows best - trust in that always!!