January 27, 2007

{What to do}

What do you do when one of your best friends is about to start her cancer treatment?

Well, you pick out wigs, cool head wraps, and you scrapbook! Anything to take the focus off the cancer.

We spent the afternoon talking and scrapping. It was good for both of us. Very glad to be a source of support for her. There are many things that you think you will never do in your life and picking out a wig with a friend that isn't much older than you are is one of those things. It was almost as if we were both having an out of body experience. Are we really sitting here at my dining room table looking at these? Can this be real? Is this really the road that was chosen for you? I hate this! I love her and I hate this! Don't get me wrong I loved helping her make this decision. It is an honor to be a part of this struggle with her, but I hate this! This shouldn't be happening. I don't understand! But its not about that, its about her and fighting this disease and winning!

So I'll leave you with some pics of my completed pages and a request for those of you that believe that the God we serve is mighty and that He can do great things. Please pray for her and her family. Pray for her doctors that they would be wise and skillful and compassionate. Pray for her nurses that they would also be wise and skillful and compassionate.







7 comments:

Michelle said...

Kristie... You are doing the BEST thing! You are BEING with your friend... offering a listening ear... a shoulder to cry on... and prayer! You will grow tremedously during this time. May God bless you and your friend!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you will have to endure this painful time! I love BOTH of you! I will be praying that our God will be your source of comfort as he shows you his faithfulness.

Love,
Katie

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

I so hope that all goes well with your friend. I have already been thinking of her and her family as this is a trying time for them. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so sorry for your friend. How very, very scary. She is lucky to have you for a friend. I am sure you are an amazing support for her. Thinking of you tonight, and sending hugs your way.

Lindsay said...

Proud of you for being the friend you need to be!! Love the pages you've done too!
Have a wonderful week and know that you are making a difference!

Carrie K said...

*tears*
thats what cancer does...it brings unreal things into your life and makes you face things you never thought you would have to...youre doing the BEST thing you can do kristie...bringing some REALITY back...and the ART is a bonus! you are a sweet sweet friend...

Shannon said...

Loyalty. That is the word that comes to mind when I think of you.