December 3, 2006

{3 Kings}

We went to the Community Day today. A local service group hosts Christmas activities for the kids and Santa pictures. The boys had a good time! At one of the centers your could decorate your own crown! Justin is the Good King and William is the Bad King (who'd a guessed that?) Justin was guarding the front door tonight while Ted was out putting up lights making sure no "bad guys" came in!
We made a Starbucks run tonight! No its not coffee, just some hot cocoa! That trip also marked the purchase of my final Christmas gifts! Seriously proud of myself for how on top of things I am so far this Christmas!


While we were at the Community Center we picked out our Christmas tree. A real tree for the first time. I forgot how dirty they are! As it warmed up bugs started falling off of it...NICE! Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like dead bugs! The boys were excited to decorate it. I think it took all of ten minutes. If I could unwrap the ornaments faster it would have taken less!;) I did manage to catch a few shots of the action.









Some of the ornaments got a little close together!

Finally and most importantly our reason for celebrating! The birth of Jesus Christ our Savior! Thankful that He came to earth to be born in a manger and to die on a cross for me and for you so that we might have eternal life with Him!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for supporting "Family Day" ... and I love your little kings!

Anonymous said...

Very fun and I love the picture of the boys and their hot chocolate!

Lindsay said...

why was John crying... just noticed that... poor guy!

Kristie said...

Why was John crying?

Didn't want to stand where I put him for the picture! He's two, what can I say...its his way or no way!:)

Shannon said...

Looks great. The last two years we have had beautiful trees (thanks to some dear friends). Both of those beautiful trees and a quite abundant family of itty bitty spiders enjoying our Christmas as well.