October 22, 2011

Pump-chini harvest

and here they are!  The pump-chinis!



they are hanging out with John's pumpkin that he picked out with his class last week at the pumpkin patch!

We will attempt to carve them next weekend but are definitely going to be getting some more pumpkins for back up!


the weirdest thing is that size wise they grew just like the pumpkins did last year...the smallest was the first to start growing, then the medium one second and the largest one was last to start on the vine.

Next weekend we will find out if the inside is more like a pumpkin or a zuchini!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to see what is created - maybe something like a character or two from Veggi Tales?! :)

Anonymous said...

I like Lindsay's idea. I saw on the Chew they did crocs like Mario Batali wears out of long pumpkins like that. Treena