July 12, 2011

too much

too much information...TMI for short.

have you ever noticed that you can be going along in your day just fine and then someone decides to share something with you and BAM...you are totally distracted.

ignorance is bliss they say.  whoever they are.

you were fine before you knew it and then BAM you just can't get it out of your head.

sometimes I actually find myself literally shaking my head as if the information will somehow fall out of my ears or something.

now lest you think I am made of stone...the kind of information I'm talking about is the useless kind...the gossip-y kind...the kind of information that you didn't need to know but once you do know it, you can no longer not know it.  it's the kind that bangs around in your head for way to long for no apparent reason.

there is some information...news if you will...that is day altering but it is a must know kind of thing.  for example a dear friend of mine was recently diagnosed with skin cancer.  her email to tell me about her diagnosis came into my inbox in the early afternoon.  let me tell you my day was definitely altered.  this is not the type of news I am discussing tonight.

TMI...should be TMUI...too much useless information.  not as catchy I know.

I've been a victim of TMuI lately.  extra information that I just DID.NOT.NEED!

think before you share.

take a minute...say to yourself...will this information add anything to the person's life that I'm about to share it with?

if yes, share away.

if no, keep it to yourself.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Pretty sure I'm guilty of sharing TMuI.

Thanks for making me think!

Lindsay said...

I think that is one more reason I've loved my summer of being a bit{quiet} :)

Love you friend -