September 23, 2010

thursday

Thursday you are almost done.

it's been a week for sure.

traveling to Heppner each day for work.

that's a two-hour round trip commute!

my regular commute...2 minutes.

it's just a little more this week.

hoping that we finish up quickly tomorrow and are home early.  prayers for this would be fab.

as we have been driving back and forth this week I have been spending a lot of time trying to observe the surroundings.  I have ridden/driven back and forth between Heppner and Hermiston/Boardman (my hometown) more times than I can remember but this week I really wanted to {see} it.  It's actually quite beautiful. 

Dry land wheat fields.

Irrigated alfalfa fields.

Beautiful home places.

Antelope.

Mule deer.

Red tail hawk.

Some sort of owl.

Cows.

Sheep.

I wanted to take it in and admire it for what it is.  A beautiful piece of God's creation. 

It's not my ideal setting but I can appreciate it for what it is.  Farming...no thank you.  Thankful for those that farm...you bet!  It takes all of us to make this world go 'round.

I think there's a lot of times that we discount what's in front of us because it is not what we see as {ideal}.  It's not our {ideal}....you fill in the blank.  It's not what our {neighbors} see as ideal.

But who really decides who and what is {ideal}?  In my world Jesus sets the bar.  I look to Him for my guidance.  It may not always look like it's ideal from the outside but on the inside it feels right when Jesus leads and I follow.

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all day long."  Psalm 25:4-5

Who sets the bar in your world?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Another {great} one :)

Proud of you for seeing the big picture ... and I agree ... we often look past what we have as the {best} for us :)

Happy Friday - praying it ends sooner than later :)

Anonymous said...

Love this Kristie!
Hope you had a great weekend.