October 8, 2009

{Normal} day

Read this quote HERE today and had to share it:

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return." Mary Jean Iron


Even though my life is very different from Ali's and we face different challenges her thoughts, insights and life experiences often speak volumes to me as I think about how they might apply or provide meaning in my own life.


May we all know and love the "normal" day...whatever that day looks like today in your world.

1 comment:

denise said...

Wow, great quote to get me thinking today. Thanks for sharing!