Bad luck that is.
Not that I really believe in random bad luck...that said bad circumstances do occur in the course of daily life....
Case in point...Yesterday.
10:45 am off to the soccer field. Met my mom, SIL and nephews there to watch Justin play soccer. We arrive and other teams are already setting up on our assigned field...bad luck you say...no, turned out fine some minor adjustments and everyone was able to play as scheduled. Moving on...
Lunch at McDonalds after the game. Nothing out of the ordinary there.
Headed out of town after lunch to Sunnyside. Drive over was uneventful, other than I took a wrong turn when I headed into town...short phone call to Sarah and back on track...
Arrived at Sarah's (slightly late) for a Close to My Heart party. Visited with Treena, Sarah, and Denise, put together a card and a scrapbook layout. My boys played with their girls (and Joshua...Sarah's hubby...Treena's brother...Denise's BIL) Everyone had a great afternoon.
Stayed for dinner and birthday cake...it was Joshua's birthday. (Thanks again Sarah...so yummy!!)
Then I knew it was time to get on the road and head back home. By then it was dark and it was just starting to sprinkle a little.
As I headed out of town and got onto the freeway it started to pour. And I mean pour like "your windshield wipes are not even there" pour. But I was okay. I can drive in the dark and the rain. We'll make it home just fine.
The closer we get to home the harder it rains. At Coffin Road...I know right, who names a road like that...it is pouring so hard I can barely see. I decided I should slow down. I know we are close to home so everything will be fine.
Now for the bad luck or I should say circumstances...
#1
I'm coming down the hill just getting ready to cross the river to Umatilla. My check engine light starts flashing...CRAP...PRAY, PRAY, PRAY..."Please Lord let me make it to the truck stop"...My car is losing power 55, 50, 45...the car is shaking...CRAP... But I made it to the parking lot of the truck stop! Thank you Jesus!
Now we are sitting in the truck stop parking lot...waiting for Ted to come pick us up. Still pouring down rain.
#2
As we wait Ted is rushing around home trying to get out the door to come get us. As he is headed toward the front door one of the light fixtures falls off the wall and shatters into a million pieces...CRAP... He leaves it and heads out the back door.
He arrives we transfer everything to his truck. Lock the doors on my car and drive away.
Get home. Clean up circumstance #2. Get boys in pjs and in bed. Sit down to watch some TV before we head to bed.
#3
Not that I really believe in random bad luck...that said bad circumstances do occur in the course of daily life....
Case in point...Yesterday.
10:45 am off to the soccer field. Met my mom, SIL and nephews there to watch Justin play soccer. We arrive and other teams are already setting up on our assigned field...bad luck you say...no, turned out fine some minor adjustments and everyone was able to play as scheduled. Moving on...
Lunch at McDonalds after the game. Nothing out of the ordinary there.
Headed out of town after lunch to Sunnyside. Drive over was uneventful, other than I took a wrong turn when I headed into town...short phone call to Sarah and back on track...
Arrived at Sarah's (slightly late) for a Close to My Heart party. Visited with Treena, Sarah, and Denise, put together a card and a scrapbook layout. My boys played with their girls (and Joshua...Sarah's hubby...Treena's brother...Denise's BIL) Everyone had a great afternoon.
Stayed for dinner and birthday cake...it was Joshua's birthday. (Thanks again Sarah...so yummy!!)
Then I knew it was time to get on the road and head back home. By then it was dark and it was just starting to sprinkle a little.
As I headed out of town and got onto the freeway it started to pour. And I mean pour like "your windshield wipes are not even there" pour. But I was okay. I can drive in the dark and the rain. We'll make it home just fine.
The closer we get to home the harder it rains. At Coffin Road...I know right, who names a road like that...it is pouring so hard I can barely see. I decided I should slow down. I know we are close to home so everything will be fine.
Now for the bad luck or I should say circumstances...
#1
I'm coming down the hill just getting ready to cross the river to Umatilla. My check engine light starts flashing...CRAP...PRAY, PRAY, PRAY..."Please Lord let me make it to the truck stop"...My car is losing power 55, 50, 45...the car is shaking...CRAP... But I made it to the parking lot of the truck stop! Thank you Jesus!
Now we are sitting in the truck stop parking lot...waiting for Ted to come pick us up. Still pouring down rain.
#2
As we wait Ted is rushing around home trying to get out the door to come get us. As he is headed toward the front door one of the light fixtures falls off the wall and shatters into a million pieces...CRAP... He leaves it and heads out the back door.
He arrives we transfer everything to his truck. Lock the doors on my car and drive away.
Get home. Clean up circumstance #2. Get boys in pjs and in bed. Sit down to watch some TV before we head to bed.
#3
William gets up. He's half asleep. And he's freaking out. He's not really even able to communicate what is wrong with him. All he is telling me is that his lungs are burning...What does that mean!?!?!? He gets rubber legs...won't stand up...now I'm starting to freak out a little. And then it begins...vomit and the other "stuff"...I'll spare you the details but it was GROSS...for the next two hours....AWESOME...
What started out as a nearly perfect day...ended with me wondering what is next...
--------------------------
Fast forward to this morning...my car still at the truck stop...light fixture mess is cleaned up...William seems to be a-OK this morning...
8 comments:
Oh no! We had a similar incident with our suburban the last time we drove to Portland....check engine light, shaking, etc. I hope that yours is as easily fixed as ours was...
So glad you are all safe! Love to you today!
Oh' My GOODNESS!
Soooo glad your all OK.
Thankful that you made it at least to the truck stop.
Hoping today is a MUCH better day!
Oh my goodness!! Kristie, I'm so sorry!! Glad everyone is okay. It was so good to see you.
Yikes all mighty! What a crazy day! So thankful that everyone is ok today.
I wish I had something great to say ... but oh my goodness ... its sounds like a weekend to remember :)
Love you & am happy you made it home safely!
Sounds like you had a good morning! Amber & Kory
P.S. You should've prayed to get all the way home not just to the truck stop! -Kory said it...
"Holy catfish"
I think I would have been repeating the following question, "Are you kidding me????" about 100 times. Just so you know- you can ALWAYS call us if you're stranded on the side of the road! We like to rescue people ;)
Glad you're all home safe and sound...and feeling better! Chalk that up to a weekend to remember for SURE!
Sheesh! What a crazy trip home. It started as such a fun day...sorry it had to end that way.
Post a Comment