The Soroptimist club (community service organization) I belong to is having a fundraiser TONIGHT September 18th 6 to 9 pm at the UEC meeting room.
We are raising money for our Women's Opportunity Award...a scholarship for head of household women who are returning to school. A lot of times these women are eligible for grants for tuition and class fees but have to pay for their books out of pocket. Our scholarship can be used for those types of school expenses that aren't always covered by federal grants.
90% of what we raise will be returned back to the community. Our organization focuses on women and children.
There are LOTS of GREAT prizes to be won!! Help support our local food banks and be entered to win a FABULOUS gift basket.
For every two items of canned food receive one entry!!!
If you are interested in coming and playing for a good cause...tickets are $20 and available at the door!!
There will be yummy snacks and drinks provided!! If you have never played it's okay instructions will be provided and it is SUPER easy!
So COME bring a friend...HELP SUPPORT THE WOMEN AND FAMILIES IN OUR COMMUNITY!!!!
1 comment:
Oh no!! Kristie, I totally forgot! I am so sorry :( I hope it was a huge success!
Post a Comment