July 17, 2008

The park

For most families this is the bike park...for us...it's the scooter park!:) We headed out last night after dinner to move around a little....

I want them to find fun and exercise in the same activities...

I like these signs on the exercise kiosks that are scattered around the trail. I wanted to say something profound about us all being on a "LifeTrail" but my brain is not cooperating with me right now. In any case, I find it inspiring to see reminders like this around...even though it just the company that distributes the products...
As we were getting geared up...oops forgot to change my settings on John's pic...helmets, helmets, helmets...seriously, how did I survive childhood anyway...no helmet, no shoes...Ted is a stickler for shoes and helmets!:)




And their off...




And then John was down...going too fast to keep up with his big brothers and totally bit it...he was fine...no blood...that's why I'm taking his picture instead of administering first aide here...I know, I know...what is wrong with me?!?! Good question, I'll get back to you...
Justin and William cruise pretty far ahead of us most of the time....

so they stop at each of the kiosks for a bit more serious exercise!:) Seriously I do not coach this...they just read the signs and follow the directions!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Love John's picture. Sweet little tear.

Oh...and tag...you're it.

See my blog for the deets.

Shannon said...

I so would have taken that picture of John too.

Stacy B said...

Aren't scooters the best? They fold and go into a trunk nicely as well. I love watching them lean their little bodies naturally into the turns.

Very cute boys you have!

Kailin said...

cutest picture of John, I would have taken his picture too! Good thing Ted is a stickler for those helmets:) (I never wore them either)

Lindsay said...

This makes me want to go get a scooter for myself :) Haha!

Love your life trail photo - so true... this trail we're blessed to be on can take us to some amazing places!

Blessings to you on this beautiful Friday!

Michelle said...

ok... so I don't remember the kiosks there... is that new?

Nicole said...

your boys are so cute. love all there gear (that we never had and lived without)

I love that park havent been there yet this year though

Patzke's said...

Somehow we did survive. We may have had a few more scars from it though. Love the last photo of Justin. He looks like he is putting so much into it. Now that track is over and I am not made to be at the track we have been out biking on the trails around here.