May 7, 2008

Defeated

Yesterday, my day defeated me.

I didn't get up early enough and so I was late to work....not that uncommon but I still hate it.

Justin left his lunch sack at school on Monday thus on Tuesday I had nothing to put his lunch in except this giant thing Ted got at a trade show...which turns out he thinks is cool but I think it makes me look bad...who packs their sons lunch in a bag that says MODINE on it...

I took Justin to baseball practice on the wrong day. He cried when we drove away from the empty field...asking why I had gotten the wrong day...in my head I was thinking why am I the schedule master...can't someone else be that for a little while...

Work was...once I got there....DRAMA!

John is suddenly afraid of Buster....I don't know what that's about...

Ted was gone...none of my children listened to me...I yelled ALOT...sad to admit that today...

No one wanted to eat the dinner I cooked (except for Ted and it wasn't ready before he had to leave)...I made them eat it anyway...today I'm wondering why it bothered me so much...

Our sprinklers are broken and our grass is starting to die...I didn't want to water it by hand last night...today I am regretting that decision...

The cottonwood trees are blooming so my eyes are ITCHING and my head is pounding!!!

This list could go on. Seriously, it was just an all around bad day. One that you wish you could just skip. But at 8:15 my kids were bathed, cookies for today were made, and I was ready to sit down and read. I decided to read the book of Esther...Pastor Dave has been preaching out of this book on Obedience.

Being obedient is so hard for me on days like the one I just described. So thankful that I will get another chance today! So thankful that even though I was defeated, my God was not and He picked me up and put me back on my feet to battle another day. What an awesome, awesome God we have!

7 comments:

Amy Tolar said...

I am so sorry your day was rough yesterday, but I am so very happy today is better.

As the schedule "guru" in our house, I've *goofed* like that several times.

Michelle said...

Oh... I feel for you. Been there. Done that. I could print the T-shirt. I have had many-a-day like that. I am always thankful that His Mercy is new in the morning!

Lindsay said...

Oh man... looks like that may have been going around town :)

I'm home sick this afternoon & didn't get your books to you... tomorrow :) But it sounds like you read just the right thing!!

Love to you friend ~

Melissa said...

Great to see I am not the only one with those kind of days. So happy that you found a good book to help remind you of God's love for you and his strength to get you through.
Have a great rest of your week! Love you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had such a cruddy day.

I hope today was much better!

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry. Will it make you feel any better that I am almost positive I got the award for 'Worst Mother of the Year' yesterday as we were trying to rush out the door? Was it something about the date?

Anonymous said...

Oh' I could have typed this myself today, as we sat and ate pizza for dinner, at the pizza place, as tears streamed down my face, tonight. Can we say worn out Mom? This is the time of year.
Glad you got everyone to bed at a decent time and took a bit to take care of you! And glad today is better.
Love You!