May 4, 2008

Bloomies

At the start waiting to go...we were thinking of Rhonda as the beach balls with the Canadian Maple Leaf were flying overhead...

still waiting...
and here we go...7.46 miles...

we were cooking along...about 15 minute miles...so 4 mph we were walking and passing many an interesting character along the race route...
getting close to the end...here we are at the bottom of the hill...
and then looking back...
aw, the finish line!! My legs and feet were burning pretty good by this time!!

and DONE!!!

2008 BloomsDay finishers!!! Wohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


***will edit when I get our official time but we think somewhere around 2 hours!!!


Official time 1 hour 56 minutes 26 seconds!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good times!!
Lots of laughter!!
Memories made!!

Can't wait for next year! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!
Good job girl!!!

Michelle said...

You look so so good! I am in awe! :)

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

I am so proud of you. You took a challenge and seen it all the way to the finsh line. Congrats!!

Stacy B said...

We did it in under 2 hours! Woo Hoo!

Kailin said...

Nice Job! I've always wanted to do Bloomsday but something has always seemed to conflict, it looks like you guys had a great time!

Amy said...

I did this one year, I think I was 16 at the time. I had an absolute blast and have since wanted to go back and do it again.

Melissa said...

How cool! Let me know next time this happens because I need to do something like this!

Ronda said...

Ahhhh, I LOVE the beach ball~ Yes, I was thinking of you guys all day when I was in Canada! So proud of all of you!