Do you ever just feel like an outsider? Like you just can't quite fit in. Like somehow you always seem to be excluded from the fun that everyone else seems to be having. My happiness should come from God so why am I even concerned with this? Is it just me...am I imagining the exclusion or is it really there? Is it Satan praying on my insecurities and trying to destroy my relationships? Have I neglected my relationships? Have I made poor choices in my relationships?
This probably seems like an odd thing to be posting on my birthday, right?!?!? I'm actually quite happy that it's my birthday today! And have already enjoyed several nice birthday wishes this morning!
That being said, January is always very reflective for me. Beginning of the new year, my birth month and truly the beginning of another year in my life, and the calm before the storm in my world. With tax season just around the corner and the start of another year, I spend most of this month planning, looking at my life, looking at areas I can change and improve. And as always with self-reflection comes self-doubt.
Am I the person that God wants me to be? Have I been a good mother, a good wife, a good friend, a good co-worker...
We talked about setting personal goals last night at care group. These are my goals:
1. To be more secure in my faith and consequently myself. To know who I am in God's eyes.
2. To have a deeper relationship with God. To seek His counsel first in my decision making processes.
3. To be more consistent emotionally for my family and friends.
I would love for any of you, all of you to be praying for me in these areas.
14 comments:
Oh sweet girl!
First of all - Happy Birthday!! May your year be full of surprise, excitement, and love!
Second of all - Looking at your from the outside I see nothing but generosity, encouragement, and faithfulness.
You need to know that your love for Jesus, your family & your friends is evident.
When you look take a deeper look at the relationships in your life, it is easy to doubt and question yourself because it's human nature. I think each one of us struggles with that "wanting to be included, wanting to be the one who generates excitement, wanting to be the things that we dream of." God has made each of us unique and special.
God has developed qualities in you that others can't help but want.
Kristie - you are a girl who is following Jesus with your whole heart. You're seeking Him - even when it's easier to do it on your own. You are looking up!
He's going to show you the wonderful things about yourself - as a wife, mother, daughter, friend, co-worker - those things that make you YOU!!
Believe in yourself. Look inside... you'll see beauty!
and last, but not least - I LOVE your banner... it speaks volumes!!
Well, I couldn't have said it any better than Linds! I'll just add that I love you and hope you have a great day and the best year of your life!
Oh, and your banner rocks :)
Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will be praying for you!
I agree your banner looks great!
credit for the new banner goes to Shan!
Thanks so much Shan!!
Linds definately hit the nail on the head!!! I have greatly enjoyed getting to know you, and hope to know you more.
I am so sorry about the feelings of being an outsider. Been there done that... got the t-shirt. It sucks! 2008 has lots of great things in store for you!
HAPPY Birthday Girlfriend!!!
Oh' I could have quoted your post myself. I know the feeling all too well, we all do from time to time, I am sure.
Know that you are cherished and admired. Happy Birthday!!!
This is somthing I have ben strugling with a lot lately. I can't even day that it is that time of year I go back and forth with this way to often.
Happy Birthday, Kristie!
Love ya.
I will just "ditto" everything Lindsay said, and add my own little happy thought!
Happy Happy Birthday, Kristie! Enjoy your day, you are cherished, loved, and respected!
Your welcome on the banner.
Happy Birthday! Glad we got to go have Ice cream to celebrate.
I will be praying for you. So happy to have spent some time with you on your Birthday!!
I will be praying for you friend. I think we have all struggled with those same feelings now and then. Very normal, yet so real. I'm so glad I got to spend a little bit of your special day. Hope you didn't mind the kidnapping! :)
Oh, I will definately lift you up in prayer! From the way I see you, I see a confident, fun, giving and caring person who I would love to know more! Don't ever doubt that God is constantly using you to brighten others days and lives. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, it sounds like you did! : )
Post a Comment