It's way too late for this but I'm doing it anyway! I just finished wrapping ALL our gifts...minus the three that are still on the way here on a UPS truck somewhere! HAPPY about the wrapping that is done. Happy about ANYTHING that gets marked off my list these days.
We had some unexpected craziness today. Justin's daycare was shut down by the state...mind you there was no problem with the daycare...just not licensed. We were under the impression that the parents could decide who could and could not watch their children. Apparently the state thinks we are all idiots and cannot be trusted to select proper care for our children. In any case, they shut down our daycare so while we wait for the whole licensing process...two week minimum...we have no place for Justin...wonder if I should just call the local Child Care office and see if they would like to watch him? (I'm a little cranky about this right now...hoping to be less cranky about it tomorrow). It seems like I was just typing not too long ago about daycare issues and things conveniently worked out just in the nick of time. So pray for us to be patient and to have faith that things will once again work out. And that our other daycare does not get shut down. Luckily Grandpa was available to hang out with Justin tomorrow! Thanks Dad!
We had some unexpected craziness today. Justin's daycare was shut down by the state...mind you there was no problem with the daycare...just not licensed. We were under the impression that the parents could decide who could and could not watch their children. Apparently the state thinks we are all idiots and cannot be trusted to select proper care for our children. In any case, they shut down our daycare so while we wait for the whole licensing process...two week minimum...we have no place for Justin...wonder if I should just call the local Child Care office and see if they would like to watch him? (I'm a little cranky about this right now...hoping to be less cranky about it tomorrow). It seems like I was just typing not too long ago about daycare issues and things conveniently worked out just in the nick of time. So pray for us to be patient and to have faith that things will once again work out. And that our other daycare does not get shut down. Luckily Grandpa was available to hang out with Justin tomorrow! Thanks Dad!
And now for the quiz:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...no water required...I always forget that part when have had real trees in the past
3. When do you put up the tree? Friday or Saturday following Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day
5. Do you like eggnog? GROSS...isn't it funny that we all hate egg nog
6. Favorite gift received as a child? cowboy boots...bet you didn't think I'd say that
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes... I LOVE it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? my mom
9. Easiest person to buy for? Ted
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? ?????
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? nope
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge, Almond bark pretzels
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home...well 20 minutes from home anyway
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel...she joined us last year; before that was a star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning...first stockings;then gifts
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The crowds of cranky people.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? too many things to list here
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? red and silver...although my tree is mostly blue...all boys and I let them pick the ornaments
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? turkey, ham, mash pots, candied yams, pie
10 comments:
Sorry about your daycare. I agree, parents should be able to send their children where they see fit.
Geesh.
And you're right, didn't expect you to say cowboy boots. :)
Hope you're less cranky today! Praying for your family and daycare situation.
Bummer about the daycare - I have a close friend going through the exactly same thing all because of one person. The next time we see each other in person, we must talk. :-)
Love the quiz - I think I'll post it, too!
What a bummer!!!
Loved reading the quiz!!!
Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
Sorry about the daycare mess! I hope it works out for you soon!
I am with Amy... we need to chat. I have been living this for two weeks myself. My sitter was also turned in (supposedly by this one person) for not being licensed. It really stinks. As of today we are finally back in business... just in time for break. :-)
I'm sorry about the daycare situation too bad im not still doing it i would be more than happy to help but Im so happy Im not.
It looks like Im the only onewho likes Egg nog.
Never woould have Guessed cowboy boots
I'm sorry about the daycare situation too bad im not still doing it i would be more than happy to help but Im so happy Im not.
It looks like Im the only onewho likes Egg nog.
Never woould have Guessed cowboy boots
I'm sorry about the daycare situation too bad im not still doing it i would be more than happy to help but Im so happy Im not.
It looks like Im the only onewho likes Egg nog.
Never woould have Guessed cowboy boots
Ugh!! Daycare problems are the worst! I hope it all works out soon!! We have had our fair share of these too.
Daycare for your kids is sooooo stressful! We were just having this talk, weren't we? :) Let's keep praying for eachother.
Had a blast lastnight! Wow!
Post a Comment