HERMISTON RELAY FOR LIFE!!!!
TEAM DAISY BUCKET "FLOWER POWER"
This year's theme...HELP MAKE CANCER HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Relay was kicked off with the survivor lap.
YEAH...Flora! Way to kick cancer's #@#! She just finished her final treatment this week!!
We tie-dyed shirts to represent our team! Here we are walking the track during the team introduction lap.
This is why we walked....
For Ted's mom, who lost her battle with cancer in '93. Our boys only know Grandma Shasteen by picture but they recognized her name on the luminary right away. I knew Ted's mom but I never knew her as my mother-in-law. She was a great lady and is dearly missed.
For Flora, who has fought and won her battle with breast cancer just this year.
For Jane Van Ryn, for Becky Slupsky, for Vonnie Purswell, for my Aunt Nita, for my Grandpa Ralph, for Pam Neddo, for Sue Liebe.
For all the families that are, have been and will be touched by this disease!
At the Daisy Bucket team camp:
The luminary ceremony:
We came, we walked, we remembered, we honored
If you have never been a part of Relay for Life I would highly recommend joining a team next year. It's very moving and very worth the time and effort!
7 comments:
Great Great pictures...I wish I could have stayed for longer.
Love the luminary pictures.
Cam and Katie's pic is cute too.
Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this.
Looks like it is an amazing event. I have not been apart... maybe someday.
WOW! Kristie, these are great pictures. Very Cool, thanks for sharing!
This is so awesome and I am so glad that you posted the pictures!!!
Love the pictures! Sign me up for next year! It is so wonderful to help a awesome cause.
Great photos - and so awesome for you to participate!!
I did it 2 years ago and loved it!
Enjoy summer :)
I am so happy that you had a great time at Relay this year. We are already making plans for next year.
Post a Comment