To start, thankful today for the men and women and the families of these men and women, who have sacraficed their time and for many their lives so that I could have the weekend that I am about to talk about. There are no words to express the gratitude that I feel in my heart for the freedom that I have. For the peace and the safety that I am able to feel in my home, in my town, in my state, in my country! Remembering them today with my American flag hung proudly at my front door!
To be honest when the weekend started I wasn't so sure it was going to be a very good one. Drama that I'm not going to really get into had the potential to put a very dark cloud over it. I was very angry and upset over the situation, which usually equals a very grouchy attitude and not a lot of fun for my family. Thank you to my friend that reminded me that forgiveness is not always deserved but should be given because that is what Christ requires of us. It's a choice. I'm feeling more at peace with the situation. Its still upseting but the bitterness of the anger is leaving me.
The weekend turned out to be a great one. Not one of extreme excitement but a great three days with my family. Here are the highlights:
To be honest when the weekend started I wasn't so sure it was going to be a very good one. Drama that I'm not going to really get into had the potential to put a very dark cloud over it. I was very angry and upset over the situation, which usually equals a very grouchy attitude and not a lot of fun for my family. Thank you to my friend that reminded me that forgiveness is not always deserved but should be given because that is what Christ requires of us. It's a choice. I'm feeling more at peace with the situation. Its still upseting but the bitterness of the anger is leaving me.
The weekend turned out to be a great one. Not one of extreme excitement but a great three days with my family. Here are the highlights:
Saturday:
- Slept in--YEAH!
- Trip to Daisy Bucket
- Successful Relay for Life yard sale...thanks to Amy and Dennis for maning the sale
- Trip to Home Depot...paint supplies
- Lunch and ice cream at the DQ...YUMMY!
- Trip to Wal-Mart...bike tire goop...self explanitory...a new phone...finally you can call me and I won't have to say "Just a second let me switch phones" if we should happen to talk for more than 15 minutes.
- Afternoon and dinner with my parents
- Started priming the north side of the house
Sunday:
- Church...have been really missing worship these last few weeks...felt so uplifted and inspired by Pastor Dave's message...Pastor Chris chose the perfect songs...have been singing them in my head ever since!
- Looked at a house that's for sale in the country...trying to decide if we even want to go there...just did the drive by so far...debating on making an appt with the realtor
- Back to Home Depot...more paint supplies
- To windy to paint so to the theater to see Spiderman 3...the boys LOVED it!
- Made some cards and scrapbooked a little
- House chores in and out
- Cooked a turkey
Today:
- Slept in...wanted to sleep longer
- Painted...north side primed, south side almost primed, and down spouts for the gutters are done
- To Home Depot AGAIN...seriously keeping them in business right now
- Received an unexpected gift...a big flower pot, so beautiful...Thank you Dennis and Cathy!
Best thing about all the things that I listed, I was able to do all of them with my boys! So great to not really have an agenda. There are things to get done but no rush on anything. Really trying to remember not to rush things. Really trying to focus so I don't rush by an opportunity to take a minute to give an extra hug or read an extra story or take the time to say yes, even when yes means more work for me.
I hope that everyone had a great weekend! Wishing everyone God's blessings and peace in the week ahead of you. Whatever that week may bring God will see you through, not matter what!
3 comments:
Hi there.
Sounds like a perfect weekend, sorry it didn't get off to a good start, but awesome that you overcame it!
About the house in the country, not that you asked for my input... BUT... We used to live in those houses over by the theater... We moved about 2 years ago, just barely to the outskirts of town, we are considered county, but most of the areas all around us are city... Anyways, we have 2 1/2 acres. Not exactly "in the country" But, by far the best place we have ever lived, and with three boys, I think you and they would LOVE it! Just my .02 cents. Happy Week!
I agree with Misty... but I'm WAY out of town :)
Pray about it... God will direct you!
Hey Friend-
I think all your boys would like "country living". You could get animals,pigs, goats, or horses. Ted probably would like a garage to work on race cars.
Last thought, forgiveness is a gift that you give. To yourself or the offending person. Let your self enjoy it and know you are a better person for it.
NM:)
Post a Comment