May 8, 2007

~Progress Report~

The first bit of actual color went up on the house on Sunday. We picked up the paint after church at Home Depot, which by the way is the WORST time to pick up paint...very busy, and Ted started putting it up that afternoon! William was out "helping" and came running in to say,"Mom...Dad is putting up chocolate ice cream on the house!" I wish I had a picture of his face. He was certain that Dad was going to be in big trouble!

Last night we completed some of the front sections of the house. I think that I like it. Can't wait to get the gutters painted so we can get the complete look. New lights will be going up as well.


Tonight...of course too windy for painting! Hoping for better weather tomorrow.

In other news, John had his speech evaluation today. He was a little overwhelmed with the whole process but we did make it through the testing and as we suspected his cognitive/language skills are quite a bit below the average for a child of his age. So to preschool he will go next fall! He will have some summer home visits from his teacher to get some speech therapy going right away and then in the fall he will ride the school bus just like his big brother to school twice a week at the ESD center here in town. He will be participating in the Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education program. The summer visits will give his teacher a chance to get to know him and him a chance to know her before school next fall. We are very excited for him. I would encourage anyone who has any question about where their child stands from any developmental standpoint to call the ESD. Everyone has been super professional and very concerned about John and his needs. It has been and we expect it to continue to be a very positive experience for John and for us. I'm so glad that we have these services available to us.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Great insight on the ESD! Keep me posted as the visits take place... The little bus they ride is so cute, I am sure he will LOVE it!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the update... and yes we are blessed with an outstanding ESD!! Love the paint too... drove by your house this morning... it looks great!

Anonymous said...

I was also very impressed with the ESD when we took our son there! It is so nice to know that they really care for our precious little ones!

Love,
Katie

Shannon said...

Yeah for John. ESD will be so great for him, and he is going to look so sweet on the bus!