March 21, 2007

{Bald is Beautiful}

Tonight was the night...
Chemotherapy causes your hair to fall out! It can be very traumatic. Tonight this cancer patient took control of her own destiny! Cancer will not cause her to lose her hair because...


...Oh yeah...we cut it OFF!!!!!

My hands were shaking so much!

I think this is one of the hardest things that I have ever done!

And here she is.......BEAUTIFUL as ever!

You would think it would have been sad and there were a few tears but very few! We had a good time with it and hey it cuts down on your prep time in the mornings!

As Dennise said...She's one HaRdcoRe MAMA!!!!

She's gonna kick cancer's #&%#!!!!!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

So precious... what an amazing and powerful experience. I really think attitude has a big part of kicking @$%!. :-)

Shannon said...

She is absolutely Beautiful!! Her eyes are so sparkly!

Anonymous said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! She is so beautiful!!! With a smile like that, who needs hair?
It is fun to put a face to your "friend" we have been hearing about. That is so, so, so awesome. You are an awesome friend, Kristie.
You both look BEAUTIFUL!

Lindsay said...

Love that you posted this!!
FLora is one lucky lady to have you as a friend. I know that she feels blessed and loved by you!
Great pictures... and beautiful is an understatement!!

Anonymous said...

I love Flora! What an emotional thing to see that she has taken this step. I am proud of her for doing it, though, with such a courageous spirit and smile!

Love, Katie

Anonymous said...

Nice Job!
She is so beautiful and looks amazing!

Nicole said...

She is beautiful!! and what a beautiful friend you are to her. I remember when my friend shaved her hair.

Stacy said...

What an awesome thing to be apart of! Never forget your role in her life! You are a great friend to her, I am sure of that!

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

Flora ROCKS!! Kristie it's so great that you are there for her when she needs her friends the most to kick cancer in the
@%*!:)

Melissa said...

You are a great friend to Flora. I think she is beautiful with no hair. Mel

Anonymous said...

She has proven that it is true when people say that beauty comes from within. Good luck in your fight, Flora. You are quite obviously surrounded by people who love and adore you! -- Anne