February 18, 2007

{Spring Fever}

Much loot was received on Valentine's Day this year! Just an insane amount of sugar for three little boys to accumulate on a single day! Seriously more than Halloween! Justin is being stalked by an older woman at school...a second grader! She passed him love notes all week last week...hoping that dies down now that the Vday hype has passed. Funny yet somewhat disturbing for this mama!






The Daisy Bucket Relay for Life team has started! A big thanks the Cassandra and Melinda for sponsoring the team! If you are interested in joining let me know I'll get you connected with our team captain! Our team will be fundraising over the next few months, if you are interested in supporting our team and our cause stop by the Daisy Bucket!




Justin has been doing very well at school. He loves pretty much everything about it except that he would like it to be everyday and would prefer to skip the holidays! Except for this Monday he is happy to sacrifice a day of school and spend the day with "Grandma Cathy" (really my boss' wife) and Mark and David (their youngest sons)! I thought I would share a few of his latest projects from school.


Pretzel cabin

100 dinos in celebration of their 100th day in school! Part of his math lessons. Each student was to put 100 items on a poster board and bring it to school to share with the class!


Dot-to-dots and coloring are his favorites right now! Doesn't George Washington look marvelous with blue eye shadow? Not a lot of reverence for the former president at this point in life!:)

Spring is definitely in the air or should I say the dirt since the wind is blowing a hundred miles an hour out there today! Spring cleaning has started...all the curtains in the wash today...I know this probably shouldn't be an annual event but at least its getting done know, right?!?!? Spring flowers are starting to bloom and grow!





It was Communion Sunday today. Thinking a lot about Christ's sacrifice for us. Wednesday is Ash Wednesday the beginning of Lent. Though this is a tradition of the Roman Catholic church, it is still a reminder to me that this is the beginning of the Easter season. Christ, fully man and fully God, died on the cross to restore every soul and then rose again three days later to take His place at the throne of God! In one act he forever restored our relationship with God the father and lifted the yoke of the law from our backs! What an amazing thing! Fitting that Easter would be in the spring...a time of renewal and refreshment! Christ is the ultimate spring cleaner! His blood washes you clean, renews your spirit and sets you FREE!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the new look! Very fun.

Michelle said...

hey... you are going to have to email me the 2nd graders name... my curiousity is killing me! :-)

Shannon said...

Um...a stalker huh? Well, you've got a little cutie for a son.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of candy!

Love the art and the flowers!

Even though at times Winter seems so drab and dreary, I am glad that we live in a place where we can experience all of the seasons. That being said, I've had enough Winter, hurry up Spring!

Love,
Katie

Lindsay said...

Loved this "catch up" post - glad that the boys are enjoying life... and I'm excited for spring because I love driving by your house and seeing all of your BEAUTIFUL flowers!
Happy Day to you friend ~

Anonymous said...

Great post!
I hope you are having a good week!