February 25, 2007

{Smooth Sailing}

I wouldn't say I was typically very excited about bath night. With that said I'm also usually not home for bath night during tax season. This year has been an exceptional year for our firm! We are doing more work faster than we ever have before! Its AWESOME! So what does that mean for me? Well I get to be home to see these little faces in the bath tub!


Don't worry Justin was getting clean as well, but he was in the other bathroom showering and I have been banned from taking pictures of him when he is naked! Needless to say I was pretty excited to be home for this bath night!

I have to say that my co-workers are the best! I'm very thankful for each one of them. In the past I have been so torn between home and work, not wanting to let anyone down. I have been released from that this year and can't say enough about how great it has made things for my family! God just really saw my struggle and filled that need for me in a way I never dream possible!

It was a packed weekend for our household! Saturday morning was work for me and a trip to the grocery store for Ted and the boys! In the afternoon we celebrated Piper's 2nd birthday!

There was plenty of sugar and fun to go around! The boys had a really good time! They each got a Micky Mouse lollipop to take home with them. Each of them had a ribbon tied around them to hold the plastic on. Guess what ribbons can also be used for? Oh yeah, dino food! The T-Rex's and the Velosiraptures (normally meat eaters) really liked the red polka dot!:)

Grandma and Grandpa came over and Ted and I headed to the Bone Fish Grill in Richland with some friends! Seriously one of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time! Service was good, the food was sooooo good, and the atmosphere was perfect! In the future we will make reservations! But it was a great time!

Today a great sermon from Pastor Dave! We had a date with Grandma and Grandpa at Shari's after church. After some really yummy breakfast it was home and since the sun was shining we decided we should get out for a while. We went on a bike ride (the boys rode their bikes we walked) to the play area at the grade school near our house! It is so nice to be outside! The sun kept shining long enough for us to slide on the slides, play some soccer in the yard and rake up some leaves! Now its raining and the house is quiet! Nothing like a little exercise to improve nap time!:)

My heart is full of joy today! I am feeling very connected to God right now and am feeling His guidance in my life like never before! So thankful for His many blessings in this life and am eager to see His promises fulfilled in the next life! Praise God for He is GOOD!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute pictures of the boys in the bath! And a cute on of Pips too ;).
So glad we were able to provide snacks for the dinosaurs as well. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that you are feeling so blessed!

Love to you,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Refreshing.
Sharing your feelings of JOY today.
A little bit of sunshine sure does help with that, doesn't it?
Happy that you are Happy!

Michelle said...

I love to hear that you were home for bathtime... I know how hard it is to miss that! Bless you!

Sarah said...

That's so great you were blessed to be home at Bath Time!

Lindsay said...

Love those cute bathtub photos!
Enjoy the blessings ~