{Inspired by the Becky Higgins sketch in the Feb 2006 Creating Keepsakes Mag}
{Inspired by "Love x 3" by Joanne Moseley in the Feb 05 Creating Keepsakes Mag}
Every year about this time I start to panic. I can feel the anxiety building in my heart. Tomorrow I will turn 30. Its only a number, it only hurts for a day, its only one more day older than I am today...so why do I feel like I am about to cross a line in the sand. No more babies for me, no more twenties, my hair has officially started turning grey, and why the panic? TIME. I need...rather crave...more TIME! So many things to get done, so many lists already made for me...how will it be accomplished...so many expectations,so many goals...how, how, how will it all happen? So this is my heart freaking out. Next week is my first meeting as co-chair of the women's ministry board for our church. How did that happen, am I even qualified to lead this group, what will I do, will I even be good at it? It's nearly tax season, I can already feel the pace of the office picking up, new clients, new responsibilities.
So many chances for success this new year! And so many, many chances to disappoint. I need time to think, I need time to be with the ones that I love, I need time for my God, I need time for myself....AHHHHHHHHH! Others are entering this new year with confidence and hope and I seem to be entering this new year with fear! Can this be right? I know in my mind that God is in control and that all will be taking care of...when is my heart going to start listening to my head?
So I am setting a third goal/resolution for myself right now!
3) Live CONFIDENTLY through God (thank you Pastor Genaro for your wisdom)
2 comments:
Hey. I LOVED this post. You seemed to be reading my mind...
And, hey... We share a Birthday! Except... I will only be 29! :) I WIN! Happy Birthday, Dear. I hope that you have a great one!
Great post. Love what you accomplished at the Daisy Bucket. I enjoyed myself too! Love you ~Mel
Post a Comment