January 21, 2007

Colts Win, Colts Win

Well the impossible, as some would say, has happened! The man they said would never make it to the "Big Dance" has arrived with his dancing shoes on! Payton Manning will lead the Colts in the Superbowl! What a come back! Just more proof that nothing is impossible and never say never!

We missed most of the game tonight because we were at a marriage seminar at church. Its called "Love and Respect"! Basic principle is husbands love your wives, wives respect your husbands. The more wives show respect the more love husbands will show; the more love husbands show the more respect wives will show. There's no who's right or who's wrong, just learning to understand our differences and work with it! I'm glad we decided to go to it. We both felt it was very worth it. We've heard a lot of it before at other classes we have taken but its a fresh presentation and its always good to have these things refreshed! Our care group is taking a break so that all of us can participate in this class. Childcare provided, you can't beat that!

Lots on my mind this week with finding out that one of my best friends has advanced cancer. Struggling with how I feel about that and trying to process all the emotions. Trying to continue with the regular routine when in the back of my mind I know that all things are about to change. Trying to reach out as much as I can and yet still give her space! Trying to make well thought out decisions about what I can clear out of my schedule so that I can make myself available to do whatever is needed for her.

Thinking about Justin and how tomorrow he is turning 6! Its so cliche to say "Time flys" but man its really true! Just seems not that long ago that we were traveling to Richland in the middle of the night thinking that he was going to be born soon...it was a day and a half later before he came...did I mention he was my first?...I was scared and excited all at the same time. My whole world was changed the minute he was born. All priorities were instantly rearranged! Such a miracle, such a blessing! Love that little guy! Or as he would remind me he's a kid now (how did that happen, I ask) because he weighs 60 lbs!

And now I'm off to finish my final task for the weekend...organize my women's ministry stuff. What once was an organized notebook has now become a pile of printed emails, scribbled down notes (so I won't forget something) and is taking over the top of my hope chest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Justin! Tomorrow, that is!

Love,
Katie

Michelle said...

Kristie, thank you for posting... I have missed them. I am so sorry for the news about your friend.

Happy Birthday to Justin! Time does fly!! Have a great week swimming in tax forms...