November 20, 2006

{One More Thing}

I was starting to post this as a comment on my friend Lindsay's blog. But it was getting long, hence here it is as my 100th blog entry!
It seems that we are all seeking just a little bit more time. One more thing that we would like to get done, one more thing that we would like to experience, one more thing, one more thing, one more thing. I'm constantly thinking "I have got to simplify"! And just when I push something off my plate, something new comes my way that I just "have" to put right back on my plate. I have come to the conclusion that as long as I am seeking God's truth in my life and He is the one piling my plate full...it's okay! There will be days that I can handle the 25 hula hoops and there will be days that I can't and God will stand beside me on all of those days! He wants us to be "in the world" and shine our lights and to do that our plates must be full!
So what's my one more thing? Most recently...I've decided to enter a scrapbooking contest. One that hundreds, and hundreds of people enter each year. The winners of which have gone on to HUGE careers in the scrapbooking industry. Why do I want to enter? I have no idea but its a lot of work and for some unknown reason I'm EXTREMELY motivated to enter it! Its more about the doing it than the winning of the contest. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to win but realistically its a long shot.
Just like Lindsay, my list of things that has to get done just to keep my family going in enormous. And then there is work. And then there is church. And then there is my hobbies, friends, and everything else that makes up my life! It's not a complaint just an honest look at what my time is dedicated to. Are there wasted moment...of course! Who hasn't stayed in their pjs too long, vegged in front of the TV all afternoon, or spent too much time on their computer or whatever it is that we did that just didn't bring productivity into our day. But I think that without those times I would be a zombie. I'm a "get in and get out" kind of person. I make a list and I get it done. That's it but I think that if I didn't have those "wasted moments" I would just be this robot "getting things done"! What's human about always getting everything done!:)
I'm proud of the craziness and the busyness in my life. All my hula hoops are carried with love and dedication. Even if they are all at my ankles 90% of the time! My plate is filled with the things that I love and the things that God has brought to my life! So if you think you are too busy...you are but God's with you in your busyness and He will see you through until you can find some of those "wasted moments" that we all desperately need!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great post - thanks for sharing your wisdom!
Keep those hula hoops coming :)

and good luck with the scrapbook adventure!

Anonymous said...

I feel very similarly as you... my plate feels overwhelming.. but when I pray... there is not one thing that I don't feel God's calling to be doing... so my only choice is to lean on Him! Blessings to you as you lean on Him!