August 28, 2006

{First Day}

He was so excited! I couldn't have been more nervous! So weird. I picked him up at Mary's (daycare) at 12:30 pm. He was ready and waiting at the door. Mary had fixed his hair special for the first day of school. All spiky with lots of goop!



We got in the car and headed to his school. It's only a couple of blocks from Mary's. He walked up the sidewalk ahead of me looking like he knew exactly what he was doing and where he was going.


We got inside the school and met his teacher. He put his supplies away and found his cubby for his backpack. He found his name tag and sat down at his table.



He rode the bus to Mary's after school. Again, very excited about riding the big yellow bus! When I picked him up tonight I asked him how school was...he said, "It was good." I think he really is related to his Uncle Kyle...a man of few words! I pried for a bit more information and found that he had shared with the class that dinos were his favorite and he made a new friend named Dean! He was pretty tired when I sent him off with Ted to soccer practice tonight! All in all a good day for Justin! Tomorrow the first bus ride to school!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS JUSTIN!!!ON YOUR 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL. WE CAN WAIT TO SEE YOUR SCHOOL PAPERS. LOVE, GRANDPA & GRANDMA

Shannon said...

So Sweet! I am so surprised how strong they are at the young age of 5. Makes me a proud mama.

You looking good Justin with the spikey hair!

Michelle said...

Kristie... the boys are at the same school with the same teacher... different times!!! I recognize the classroom and nametag. I am at the same school... I will watch out for Justin!

Lindsay said...

Happy first day of kindergarten Justin! Have a great year!

Kristie said...

Thanks Michelle! I'm sure we will run into each other before the year is over!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you Justin! We are proud of you on your first day of school. You were looking pretty cool with your spiky hair and red backpack. Congratulations!

Love,
Uncle Kyle and Aunt Anne

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of parenting boys! Madi doesn't stop talking for an hour after she gets home from school. I get EVERY, TINY detail. And Deven says, only when asked. " It was good." :) Gotta Love Em'!