November 3, 2010

Ode to November

Dear November,

Where do I start? 

I look forward to your first day with much excitement.  You bring short days and long nights, cool weather, and refreshment to my soul. You bring the anticipation of the holiday season.  And you bring rest.

I need the rest that only you November can bring to my world.  The November calendar page has turned over on the wall and an appointment has yet to be written in one square.  Yes there are activities coming up but not so many that I would risk forgetting one if I don't write them down.

I cherish the family time that only you bring to our household.  Pancakes and pajamas on Saturdays.  Unscheduled weekday evenings to do whatever seems right at the moment.  Precious time!

Yes November you have only begun but you have already blessed me so very much!

With the greatest of gratitude,
Kristie

2 comments:

Amber said...

Well...you know my thoughts on November ;)

Lindsay said...

:) Love you! Enjoy the month!!