October 6, 2010

today

today was one of those days.

I hit the wall at about 2:30.

I could have just closed my door and taken a nap.

I didn't but I could have.

I didn't get up early enough to run this morning so I planned to run tonight after my meeting.

my menu today:

breakfast:  yogurt
mid-morning snack:  half of a chocolate chip muffin from Costco
lunch:  sliced roma tomato, tillamook cheese slices, whole wheat crackers & ranch
afternoon snack:  slice of leftover wedding cake from Costco (don't even ask)
dinner:  16 oz mocha and a frosted sugar cookie (seriously?!)

I was feeling like a HUGE hypocrite as I was telling my boys to finish their meatloaf and baked potato tonight after I got home from my meeting.

I ran 4 miles.  It was good.  I'm tired.

--------------------

I've been reading "To Live is Christ: joining paul's journey of faith" by Beth Moore.  It's great.

Do you know Barnabas?  Beth says this about him...

"Barnabas offers us an example we don't want to miss.  His name had been Joseph, but the disciples renamed him "son of encouragement".  God used Barnabas over and over to give others the courage to be the people He called them to be."

Encouragement: to give support to; help

The smallest of guestures can make other feel encouraged. 

A smile.

An email.

A phone call.

A hug.

A helping hand.

It's the little things that count.

It's the little things that make the all the difference.

Be a Barnabas.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are a Barnabas in my life! Thank you!! :)

Lisa said...

love your dinner choice ;)

and love your transparent, honest heart. you're a real gem.