January 5, 2010

on the Eve of Christmas

After a joyful and beautiful candlelight church service we headed out to grandma and grandpa's for dinner and a birthday party!!

Grandpa's handy work with the lights greeted us as we drove up the driveway. The boys were so excited to see the lights...Grandpa has waaay more lights than we did at our house :)

Once we unloaded our stuff we sat down at the table for dinner. Justin prayed for our meal. He's getting so grown up...he even altered his prayer to add some specific thanksgiving to Jesus for coming to earth to save us...my heart overflows every time I see evidence of his love for Jesus growing!!

Dinner was yummy as it always is at Grandma's :) And then it was time for the birthday celebration...

sweet boys!! They had been so excited to "help" Jesus blow out his candles.
Then a few Christmas movies and it was off to bed for the kiddos. It was the first time in a while that we have stayed overnight at my parents...the boys were ecstatic to be staying there that night!
After the kids were asleep...the stockings were stuffed...
and the final gifts were placed under the tree...

and then it was off to bed for us. I have to admit I'm just as bad as the kids. I try to contain it because they don't need any encouragement believe me...but I LOVE Christmas!!!

I love everything about it!! The birth of a Saviour!! A season of joy and celebration!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration indeed ... and how fun to stay the night :)

Your dad's lights are GREAT too!!