September 2, 2009

Day 4 ~ Depoe Bay and Newport

Earlier this week I read that there are people out there that "hate" other people's "trip" pictures...seriously?!?!? I personally enjoy looking at other people's pictures...whatever the subject happens to be...so to any "trip picture haters" out there in my reading audience...sorry still one more day to go :)

We traveled down the road to Depoe Bay and Newport.

In Depoe Bay we watched a family of grey whales that were right near the shore. It was so cool!





Watched the fishing boats coming into the docks...


The harbor seals were watching too...just in case there were any scraps to be thrown away....



Then we were off to get a bag of what I consider the BEST salt water taffy in the world!!!


And this is why....made with the same machinery and techniques since 1947....

Lucky for us they were just starting a batch of peanut butter taffy when we arrived at the store. We got to watch from start to finish...a very interesting process they go through...











And that's a wrap! heehee


Then we were off to Newport and the aquarium.



So many cool things to see and learn about. Justin was in HEAVEN!!!






After the aquarium and lunch, we headed down to the Pier to do a little crabbing























4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the taffy photos ... how cool that you got to see it being made!!

And ... I LOVE trip pictures :)

Thanks for sharing your trip :)

Misty said...

Oh' other peoples trip pictures are often my favorites! I love to see "places" that I have already been, through other peoples eyes, and dream of being the places I haven't been yet.
Besides, who could "hate" any pictures with those sweet boys in them?

Kailin said...

I love your trip pictures....although they do make me want to take another vacation!

So glad you had a great close to your summer!

denise said...

I enjoy seeing other people's vacation pictures too. It's just fun to see what you guys were up to during your trip.

Salt water taffy...yum! Cool pictures.