June 18, 2009

Raspberry Surprise

So this is the jumbled up mess behind our little storage shed in the backyard. At first I thought it was most volunteer sunflowers...we have a serious number of them in our backyard...we will not be keeping the majority of them...anyway, as I said I was just looking around back there to see what we had going on. It is an area that I was thinking may be our garden next year and wanted to check out the sprinkler situation for that spot.


And then I found these...



Lookee, lookee....we have RASPBERRIES in our backyard!!! I am so excited!! I LOVE raspberry freezer jam. My grandparents had tons of raspberry plants and I LOVED picking them and my grandma made the best jam. It's funny how many memories can be stirred up by the discovery of one little patch of berries...
I am full on ready to build a trellis and get the plants more water!!



Tonight we are having fruit parfaits for dessert...raspberries, strawberries and bananas...YUMMY!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

YUMMY! What a fun surprise for you!! Now I'll be over for berries and smores :)

Sarah said...

What a blessing!!!

There's going to be a housewarming, right? And the Culver's are invited, right?

Tiffany said...

Those desserts look delicious!