I'm usually much more organized about it so that the boys can be more involved but the boxes needed to be at the church tomorrow morning so I ended up doing most of the packing of the boxes. After dinner tonight Justin, John and I headed to Wal-Mart with the suggested list of items to purchase. William wasn't interested in doing the shopping just wanted to be sure that he could carry one into church tomorrow morning.
After the boys went to bed I started my assembly line to wrap and fill three shoe boxes. You know it's harder than you would think to wrap the outside of a box....just thought I would throw that in there!:)
Each box full of toys, candy, tooth brushes, tooth paste, soap, a wash cloth, a comb, school supplies...
...would be showered with God's love and his blessings! That he would know that he is loved by Jesus! That our little box would bring joy to him whoever and where ever he may be in this world.
I was so excited to find wrapping paper tonight that had scripture verses on them...at Wal-Mart!! It was perfect!!
Tomorrow morning our Sunday school kids will bring all the boxes into the sanctuary and the congregation will pray over them before they are sent off to Samaritan's Purse.
This is such a great way to kick off the Christmas season!!
10 comments:
What a fun family tradition... and I LOVE that wrapping paper! :)
This is a great way to teach the boys about giving back. I'm sure 3 little boys somewhere are going to be all smiles on Christmas morning thanks to your family!
LOVE this!! :) and the wrapping paper makes my heart smile!!
Hope your Sunday is full of GREAT things!
That is so cool. I loved seeing all the presents come into church this morning!
We did the same thing today. My kids love doing this...and I teared up as I dropped of the boxes at church, just picturing some sweet little thing being blessed by this. I love what this program teaches are children.
It was amazing how many boxes there were! What an awesome feeling too give that way!
What a great thing to do, and what a great lesson for your boys.
Have a great week!
Love that wrapping paper...how perfect!
OOh I may have to get wrapping paper at Wal-Mart. Isn't this awesome to do each year. It is a great way to feed the soul!!
Miss doing that. We don't do it at our church. We are more into the military men which is also a good thing. We have quite a few from our church serving so they like to send to the military. But men aren't as easy to buy for.
Post a Comment