Steak (subing for pork tenderloin) with parsley potatoes
Chicken Dijon, Parmesan Green Beans with pineapple slices
California Quiche with Mandarin Orange Yogurt parfaits
Roast(subing for fish) with black bean & corn relish
Teriyaki Burgers and fries
Cheese/Tomato Toast and tomato soup
Kielbasa & split pea soup with bread sticks
Substituted some of the meat this week because my freezer is full of beef that needs to be eaten. I love pork tenderloin but since I was over budget last week I figured why buy a $10 roast when I already have steak in my freezer! The fish substitution is due to Ted's hard and fast rule of nothing from the sea unless it comes in a can and has a load of mayo on it!
The parsley potatoes were a HUGE hit with the boys. Nothing fancy just boil potatoes with butter and fresh parsley. Normally they won't eat them but since I put the parsley on them they were all over it. And William asked for them again the next night and was a little put out that there weren't any left.
Ted was struggling a little with meal three...one he was making it and two he didn't think quiche was such a manly meal...it was SO good!!! I told him to just think of it as deep dish omelet instead...
Not sure about Kielbasa and split pea soup but I keep telling the kids they need to try new things so I guess I'll just give myself the same pep talk!
The money stuff:
ingredients for seven dinners :$ 46.68
daily staples: $12.37
lunches/breakfast/other: $68.67
Total spent: $127.72
Way under this week which was great because I used some of the leftover for Operation Christmas Child and there is still cash in the envelope!! Really think this is starting to work!!! Have a plan and stick to it...what a concept!!
5 comments:
Good job, Kristie!
I love kielbasa but it's been forever since I've had split pea soup. Not sure if I'd like it or not.
Thanks for updating us!
Glad it seems to be working out for you guys. Way to go sticking to it even with meals that aren't up your alley.
Everything sounds great!
WAY TO GO!! You are such a "stick to it" person ... I need to get some of that juice flowing through me in some areas of my life :)
You are so good...I think this would be worth doing if for nothing but the meal planning!
Post a Comment