On my the top of my "10 things I don't enjoy" list is...
GROCERY SHOPPING
for so many reasons but mostly because I'm usually so tired by the time I get to the store I just have a poor attitude about the whole thing. I was happy to turn over the grocery shopping duties to Ted these past few months and rarely do I even step foot in Wal-Mart or Safeway.
Well guess what's on the top of Ted's "10 things I don't enjoy" list now...
yep, GROCERY SHOPPING!!!
I was listening to the Dave Ramsey show today and he is endorsing a business called
MEALTIME MAKEOVER
Two things about Dave Ramsey, if he endorses it, it's CHEAP and it WORKS. So we are giving it a shot. For like $5 a month...less than that if you use "DAVE" as you coupon code...you get a weekly meal plan and a weekly shopping list customized to the store you shop in...Wal-Mart in our case.
I estimate we will be able to cut out $200 from our food budget and we don't have to clip ANYTHING!! Plus I'm pretty sure that there won't be as many trips to the store!:)
Even if you don't like Dave Ramsey check it out...can you really beat having your meals planned and a shopping list already made for you each week? Oh and you can choose from a variety of plans too...including a Weight Watchers plan that has the points calculated for you...
6 comments:
Holy Cow, that is so cool. I am going to have to take some time and check it out closer.
Thanks for sharing!!!
and to think... you went grocery shopping for me last week and didn't even mention {I really don't like to grocery shop} :)
What a blessing it was - and I'm so thankful that you did it for me!!
Love you friend -
Will you post on how this is working out for you? It's got my attention for sure, except for the fact that I pulled up one of the sample meals and the first ingredient was "jar of dried beef".......uh oh. LOL! No really, I would give this a go.
This sounds too good to be true! Thanks for sharing!!
I have heard of this...keep us updated on how it works out!
This is definately on the top of my least favorite things to do as well...especially now that the grocery store is a 20-25 minute drive each way!!! UGHH! Curious how it works out for you, we may have to try it too!
Post a Comment