September 4, 2008

No training wheels

So it seems that bike riding without training wheels is just like potty training. If you just wait until they are ready it goes soooo much better!! Patience is so hard to come by as a parent sometimes. I'm always saying how I don't want them to grow so fast yet I'm always pushing them to do grown-up things...hurry up tie your shoes, ride your bike, learn to read on your own, get dressed, take your own shower...man what a hypocrite I am sometimes...

I've tried to get Justin to ride without training wheels several times and it was always a lost cause because his heart wasn't in it. If only I would have waited...

On Monday afternoon we were cleaning out the garage and the boys were riding their bikes...still with training wheels. William came into the garage and announced that he was ready to ride without them. Justin not to be outdone by his little brother accepted the challenge a few minutes later.

Ted and I huffed and puffed running beside them up and down the street for a while.

Tuesday night I came home from work and they had mastered it!!






Wednesday I came home for lunch to an empty house...where were they...at the bike park!:) William was so excited to tell me that he rode the whole loop with no training wheels!!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember this with Mylah. That is awesome that your boys were willing to try it on their own! Mylah likes to skid her tires now without the training wheels, not so sure Mom likes it though. Miss you and have a wonderful day!

Katie said...

:) Love this! Great job, guys!!

Shannon said...

John John's next!

Lindsay said...

WHOO HOO!! :) Way to go boys!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!!

I was so excited when Dylan started riding his bike with out training wheels. More excited than he was! :)

Stacy B said...

Woo Hoo! We have been working on this, too. I took off the training wheels on the small bike and had more success. Great job, guys!

Michelle said...

So precious! Being big boys on bikes is soooo special! What a great family you are!

Leslie said...

Yahoo! That is sure something to be proud of! What a special accomplishment! We are still working on that with my five year old!
Have a great weekend!

Crystal said...

Way to go! Awesome job! Next it's drivers' licenses, huh!

Kailin said...

Yeah!

Patzke's said...

That is so great when they do that. They look pretty excited about it.