June 18, 2008

10

The number ten and I go way back.


She was my number in softball...still is! Lots of fond memories when I think of the number 10.


I just finished my 10th chapter in "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver. Awesome by the way!! A great growing experience for me.


Today the number 10 and I made a new memory!


With the help of my stylist and friend, Kara and my friend, Lindsay


I had 10 inches of my hair cut off today. Kara cut...Lindsay snapped away! Thank you both very much!! It was so fun to share this with both of you!!











Tomorrow that hair will go off in the mail to Locks of Love. This post is the reason that I started growing my hair. Nearly every cancer patient I've known has talked about how difficult it was for them not to have any hair. So that night I made the commitment to grow my hair and to donate it. I won't tell you that it was easy because as Kara would say "HOLY HAIR-NESS girl"!! I have very thick hair and its been too long for my taste for quite a while!

Anyway, so tomorrow I will be happy to mail this package off and close this chapter of my story!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh'.My.Goodness.
Look at you. You are skinny. You are adorable and you are smiling so big. You look GREAT. Honestly, I have no idea how you have done all that you have done in the past 5 months or so, but you are such an inspiration! You look BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE IT! That cut is PERFECT for your thin face. WOWSERS! Love it!

Ronda said...

Kristie, you are bewutiful inside and out! More power to you! Love to you tonight. I would give you a hug through all my tears if I was in your town tonight!

Sarah said...

Woo hoo! Way to go.

Lindsay said...

I love it!! and I love that I got to be a part of the experience (even if it was just behind the lens!)

You look great & your beauty continues to shine :)

Shannon said...

So cute! Good for you.
Holy Hair-Ness....that is so Kara.

Katie said...

What a cute look for you....love the bangs! I must say...can't wait until it's my turn!! I know exactly what you mean by having your hair too long for your taste!

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes that is a ton of hair!!!
It's adorable!

Anonymous said...

And good for you that is awesome! :)

kara said...

i had so much fun spending time with you! it is always an honor to cut that much hair off for such a great cause! You look stunning! Your beauty is bursting out of the seams! loves

Patzke's said...

Way to go. I am sure that it will be a nice cut for the summer. Ricardo might be jealous he wasn't involved with that.

Crystal said...

Very stylish!!! Love the new look!

Tiffany said...

ADORABLE! I love the new do! And so great you get to donate to locks of love!

Stacy B said...

Holy Camoly! I did NOT expect that when I opened up your blog today. It looks just great! I love the stacked back. Good for you!