First a little background on the boots. Justin's class...actually the entire 1st grade at HH...is doing a farming unit. The students are each given "start-up capital" for their farm. They must purchase land, various equipment, storage facilities, livestock, seed etc to get their farm ready to go. They are learning about how plants grow and are growing some green beans. They are learning about various types of livestock. His most interesting fact learned so far is that goats and cows chew their food more than once. He told us today...at our picnic lunch..."Mom, do you know that goats eat their food twice?" Followed by..."Do you know how is gets back in their mouth again?"
Anyway, I'm getting off track. To kick off this farm unit they were to dress like a farmer. I sent Ted and Justin to Wal-Mart to get something "farmer like". They came back with cowboy boots, a western style shirt with brands and bucking broncs on it, and a toy black cowboy hat. Seriously...we know A LOT of farmers and not one of them has worn anything like that to work a day in their lives. Nor would be caught dead in anything like that if they weren't at work. Of course when aren't farmers at work, right?!?!? So off to school he went. His teachers told him that he was the cutest cowboy ever. Which translates to him wanting to wear the outfit EVERY day.
I found this scene after he decided to join his dad out in the yard to work on the sprinklers this afternoon.
10 comments:
I LOVE this post! I love it... mostly because I am so so so so happy to know that I am not the only mother who has lived the boots and shorts! Judah does this all the time! It pains me. :-)
Oh my goodness!! What a cute cowboy is right?! My farmer/rancher/cowboy dudes don't wear shorts, but maybe if I show them these photos they will :)
Love it!!
Sweet.
Oh' I LOVED that unit!
Have you seen the "farm" that they actually create with their money?
I thought it was awesome!
Another great shot for the Fashion Show. I say let them wear what they want to wear, it's not hurting anything. Super cute!
So cute!
I just LOVE boots!
This post made me laugh out loud.
Well you can let him know there will be a job waiting for him out here when he is in high school! :)
Very cute!
I love it!
How cute! I wish they were doing something like that at Mylah's school, it sounds like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment