We have been struggling with our daycare situation over this last year. Mary (our babysitter) is retiring at the end of May leaving us searching for a full time daycare provider for our kids again. We found spots for them with Justin’s current sitter but just haven’t been completely comfortable with that situation. To top it off we were given a HUGE increase in the price she was planning to charge us once the other boys joined Justin at the new location. We have been praying about this situation and an unexpected door has opened for us.
At the end of May Ted will be leaving his job at AutoKool. He will not be working over the next few years and will stay home with our boys while I continue to work at Barnett and Moro. It may seem a little odd but we feel like this is the direction God is leading our family. Please continue to pray for us as we make this transition to a single income family. I know many of you are already doing this but this is new for us. We are both very excited about this new change but as always with change there will be some adjustment time.
Ted met with his boss today to give him the news. We were given the final confirmation that this is truly God’s will for our family when Ted’s boss completely understood our decision and left the door open for Ted to return to AutoKool when it would work for our family. We were unsure about his reaction since Ted will be leaving just before the busy season. God was very present in the meeting and Ted is able to leave on good terms.
Justin will be going back to Mary’s. God has provided for transportation (Ernie, Mary’s husband is retired and is in town for the entire month as they make preparations to sell their home and move) to and from school. It will be difficult to explain to Justin but it’s something that needs to be done. Please continue to pray about his transition back as well.
This song has been on my heart today:
At the end of May Ted will be leaving his job at AutoKool. He will not be working over the next few years and will stay home with our boys while I continue to work at Barnett and Moro. It may seem a little odd but we feel like this is the direction God is leading our family. Please continue to pray for us as we make this transition to a single income family. I know many of you are already doing this but this is new for us. We are both very excited about this new change but as always with change there will be some adjustment time.
Ted met with his boss today to give him the news. We were given the final confirmation that this is truly God’s will for our family when Ted’s boss completely understood our decision and left the door open for Ted to return to AutoKool when it would work for our family. We were unsure about his reaction since Ted will be leaving just before the busy season. God was very present in the meeting and Ted is able to leave on good terms.
Justin will be going back to Mary’s. God has provided for transportation (Ernie, Mary’s husband is retired and is in town for the entire month as they make preparations to sell their home and move) to and from school. It will be difficult to explain to Justin but it’s something that needs to be done. Please continue to pray about his transition back as well.
This song has been on my heart today:
"Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand
But the waves are calling out my name
And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"
But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth
And so...
We are "stepping out of the boat"...
We are "facing the giant"...
We are "reaching out to Jesus and taking his hand"...
We are choosing to walk through the door that He has opened for us!
And we are giving credit where credit is due! Praise God for the changes He is bringing in our lives and the new opportunities He is bringing to our family!
We have faith that He will continue to love and guide our family and will provide all that is necessary!
To Him be the GLORY, the HONOR and the PRAISE! For God is so VERY, VERY GOOD!!
8 comments:
Oh my goodness - you use the same babysitter as my sister-in-law! Her daughters are B & K (ages 6 & 1mos).
What a great solution you guys have come up with! Awesome for you!
What a great opportunity for your family. I will be praying for you all during this transition.
WOWSERS! Holy changes, batman.
I will be thinking of you, for sure. Keep my posted. i will really, really miss seeing Justin's smile in the mornings and afternoons!
Your boys are going to love this!
What a special season this could be for your boys! Miss you. Should get together soon. I love that song!!
I agree with Shannon - your boys will love it!! and you all will be blessed!!
I will pray for you all for this new adventure. I think your boys are going to enjoy spending time with Dad more. Have a great weekend!
This is a wonderful thing! I love how God works!
Post a Comment