December 28, 2007

Cool Running's

No I'm not trying out for the Jamaican Bobsled team...did anyone else watch that movie? Does anyone else even remember it?!?!? John Candy will not be my coach...for obvious reasons....


Anyway, it's late and I'm probably not as funny as I think I am...


Point to this post...I am taking Misty's challenge and starting the Couch to 5K Running Plan! You all will be my accountability partners!


Running shoes...



...check!
Treadmill and tunes...

...check!

Before picture....

Yeah right...I want you guys to keep reading my blog! HELLO!!!!!!!!!

Tonight is day 1 of week 1! By March I should be easily running the 5k three times a week. This is definitely do-able and it gives me a goal! I'm hopeful that this will help eliminate stress...a very good thing during tax season...and help with some other mental issues I've been dealing with over the last few months.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Good luck can't say that I'll be joining in.
Ohh and I like that movie.

Michelle said...

Ok... that is all I needed. I, too, was tempted by Misty's post. I am going to join in!

Anonymous said...

Oh' I am SO EXCITED!!!
Let's DO IT!
I am SO excited!!!
I am looking for a 5K race that isn't too far from home. I will get back to you on that one! So, So excited!!!

Kristie said...

Sounds good Misty!! Glad you are joining us Michelle!! Anyone else?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! Good for you!
Darrin and I start training on the first for a half marathon in Eugene May 4th.
Here's to getting healthy in 2008!

Katie said...

Way to go...all of you!

Crystal said...

This is awesome for you! Best of luck to everyone who tries this! My jogging seems like such a small effort now! 5K! Geez!

Kailin said...

Love this movie!
I am thinking the Eugene run sounds fun! We may have to see you there!

Sarah said...

Yeah for you! Thinkin' I'll head over and read Misty's blog about this. You know, for funsies, 'cause really, me? Run? Pfft. :)

I'm excited to read about your progress.

See you in a few hours!