Remember sick days as a kid?
You spent the day on the couch watching TV or laying in bed with bucket in hand. Your mom would bring you flat 7-UP and toast. Take your temperature every so often...sometimes with the thermometer sometimes just with her hand. Remember that?
As an adult sick days just aren't the same! You have to make your own toast. There's never 7-UP on hand so you have to drink dt. pepsi instead. You have kids to take care of. You are too sick to drive them to the babysitter so you put in movie after movie and try to keep them from touching you so they don't get it two seconds after you start feeling better. Oh these are the days of my childhood dreams...NOT EXACTLY!!
If only you didn't have to be sick to take a sick day...they would be so much more fun. Because seriously without the sick part today was a pretty good day. Got to watch Justin walk to school...kind of sad to see him so strong and independent, but made me smile too. Spent the day with William and John...we watched Transformers...twice. Still wondering why all the new life created by the Al-Spark was evil? I digress. We had lunch and dinner...that I cooked...not from a box. We got this sneak peek from our weekend photo shoot:
You spent the day on the couch watching TV or laying in bed with bucket in hand. Your mom would bring you flat 7-UP and toast. Take your temperature every so often...sometimes with the thermometer sometimes just with her hand. Remember that?
As an adult sick days just aren't the same! You have to make your own toast. There's never 7-UP on hand so you have to drink dt. pepsi instead. You have kids to take care of. You are too sick to drive them to the babysitter so you put in movie after movie and try to keep them from touching you so they don't get it two seconds after you start feeling better. Oh these are the days of my childhood dreams...NOT EXACTLY!!
If only you didn't have to be sick to take a sick day...they would be so much more fun. Because seriously without the sick part today was a pretty good day. Got to watch Justin walk to school...kind of sad to see him so strong and independent, but made me smile too. Spent the day with William and John...we watched Transformers...twice. Still wondering why all the new life created by the Al-Spark was evil? I digress. We had lunch and dinner...that I cooked...not from a box. We got this sneak peek from our weekend photo shoot:
Really the only bad thing or less good things I can think is that 1)I passed this stuff to my husband...UGH! and 2) I had to cancel Cindy today so my house...not so clean.
3 comments:
You are so "right on" about adult/grown-up sick days!!
Glad you were able to be home, enjoying your boys... and getting better!
sorry Ted... hoping & praying it doesn't stick with you for long!
I know about the toast and 7-up too. I miss those days. I hope you all are feeling a little better. I love that picture of the boys!!
Love love love the pics of your family.
Post a Comment